Solved

Requirements for CommServe Livesync

• 31 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hello, 

I have a question. 

I have a CommServe  a physical server and I’ll like deploy live sync to aws. Can I replicate the physical server to cloud ? or the Commserve must to be a virtual machine ?

Thank for your help.

icon

Best answer by Stuart Painter 1 February 2022, 14:14

View original

If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Diana 

Thanks for the question, here’s a link to the CommServe LiveSync requirements, configuration steps, etc.

CommServe LiveSync For High Availability Disaster Recovery

When designing CommServe LiveSync structures you should be aware of the LiveSync process and consider how the passive CommServe will operate should it become active due to planned/unplanned failover.

The active Commserve is protected by SQL agent with backups running on a schedule that is matched by a corresponding restore schedule to the passive Commserve nodes. So your passive Commserve must be available to MAs to perform SQL restores.

Also, if the production/active CommServe was to fail or you were to perform a planned failover for maintenance, your entire Commcell infrastructure must be able to communicate with the AWS hosted (now active) CommServe.

Whilst there may not be a significant volume of data transmitted to/from the CommServe, all aspects of job control and activity with all clients and Media Agents will be transmitted to and from the CommServe.

Thanks,

Stuart

Badge +2

Hello @Stuart Painter

Thank for your answer. 

For mediaAgent I can replicate to aws, too?

Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Diana 

There is no replication capability for MAs, you would need to build new MAs in AWS.

If these are simply data mover MAs, it’s a simple task to build, install and configure a new MA.

For DDB MAs it’s a more involved as DDB would need to be moved/restored and reconfigured.

Thanks,

Stuart