Solved

Restore deleted backup job

• 11 January 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

Hello,

Is there any way to restore deleted backup job. I am missing some backup jobs from lastyear, So i wonna know if i can get it back. From backup summery report i can see that the back up completed but i cant find any job. And the retantion are set up correctrly. 

icon

Best answer by Scott Reynolds 12 January 2022, 21:19

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Egor Skepko It sounds like the job met retention and was aged off? If the backup was on tape and the tape was not overwritten, you may be able to restore from aged data.

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/expert/11984_accessing_aged_data.html

You mentioned that retention is setup correctly meaning you expect that this job would NOT have been aged? What is your retention set to and when/what type of backup was this?

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

@Scott Reynolds  Wel i hope not, the retantion on hole SP are the same. We are not using tape, all jobs going to disk libraries. I was wondering if the any way to get deleted jobs back. I am talking about vm backup

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

@Scott Reynolds i checked the retantion again and it seems that only weekly full save for 33 days and yearlly fill for 365 days, that meen that monthly full aged?  

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Egor Skepko Yes that would be correct. Since the data was on disk there would be no way for recovery.

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

@Scott Reynolds And if data got deleted by anging, there is no way to recovery aswell? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Egor Skepko If the backup was to disk yes that is correct. Tape copies are only possible if the tape was never overwritten.