Solved

restore mailbox exchange online

• 7 October 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge +4

If i want to restore  an email of exchange online, i cannot see any emails. If i use the java console there is no problem, I can resore a single email from a user.

Anyone seen this before? User rights?

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 2 December 2021, 23:36

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

hello could you clarify if you are using the command center or maybe web console for the browse / restore that is not working?

Badge +4

Hello Patrick

We are using CV11 SP24.
1. When using command center i cannot restore single mails because I cannot see individual mails.
2. Full mailbox restore is possible using the command center
3. Using the Java console i can browse and restore single emails.

Does this answer your question?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @CVbackup 

You should be able to recover individual messages within Command Center.

Can you explain how you are performing the browse? The following should allow you to see and recover messages.

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/essential/127026_restoring_individual_exchange_online_mailbox_item_to_its_original_location.html

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @CVbackup , hope all is well!

Have you had a chance to review @Scott Reynolds ‘s thoughts and questions?

Thanks!

Badge +4

Hello Mike

Commvault support is currently working on this ticket. I will respond with the solution. 
Logs are uploaded.

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/essential/127026_restoring_individual_exchange_online_mailbox_item_to_its_original_location.html

This is not working. 
Java interface works fine, Admin console does not show the emails. A full mailbox restore is working.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Appreciate the update!  Can you share the case number?

ps I unmarked the best answer accordingly :nerd:

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @CVbackup , I believe this is your case?

211012-649

If you can, confirm so I ensure I am following the case correctly!

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Sharing the solution:

-Checked the logs and found the below error
5780 2e54 10/25 11:23:08 ### Processing pseudo client[NHL1_ExchangeOnline], appId[787]
5780 2c58 10/25 11:23:09 ### I2::CvWebSrvrClient::isLocalIndexGateWayInstalled() - IndexGateway is not installed
5780 2e54 10/25 11:23:18 ### Exchange Preview retention Worker Threads completed.
5780 2e54 10/25 11:23:18 ### Exchange index admin Operation Started.

-Suggested customer to install the index gateway package on the client nlh1z-emn-ma01