Solved

roadmap for protecting unsupported agents for WORM storage

• 19 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

hello Community,

I want to know about Commvault's roadmap for protecting unsupported agents for WORM storage in future releases. Currently, these 10 Commvault agents are not supported for WORM storage and I am interested to know if this is being considered for future development.

https://documentation.commvault.com/2023/expert/9251_configuring_worm_storage_mode_on_cloud_storage.html

The following agents are not supported for WORM:

• Dynamics 365

• Azure Active Directory

• Exchange Online Agent

• OneDrive for Business

• SharePoint Online

• Microsoft Teams

• Exchange Mailbox Agent

• File System Archiver Agent (Windows, Unix, NAS)

• Any Object Store (Edge Drive, third-party migration, and so on) and hybrid file

• Snap copy (job-based retention)

icon

Best answer by DMCVault 25 January 2023, 15:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @DanC,

I know just the guy for this question, but he is out for a few days. I send them an email to share their thoughts when they return. Its a great question, though, and a great topic given the current security climate.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

@Damian Andre 
thank you
I appreciate the effort you are making to find the right person to assist me with this question.  I look forward to hearing their thoughts when they return.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Its not so much that you cant enable WORM storage for those applications - the problem is data aging.  For the most part, these apps don't work in the same way as other traditional apps with regards to how they age and prune.  So this would cause data footprint to continuously increase, and no reclamation of space with increasing cost.

So its not a problem to address with the WORM/Object lock technology  - its more with how the apps work.  I can raise this internally with the respective teams to see what we can do in the future.