Solved

Scan Phase Timeout

• 9 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

Hi All,

we are trying to backup and very large cifs netaopp filer. We have implemented an NAS proxy for acessing the shares. 

When we start the job the scan phase broke every 3hours. 

We tested with an smaller folder / share the scan phase runs in 5 Minuts and the job starts to backup. 

Is there any additional setting to increase the timeout for the scan pahse ? 

icon

Best answer by DR92 9 September 2021, 13:59

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @SSchmidt 

To help you better, can you please answer as many of the following questions as possible ? 

1. Are we talking about a Windows File System agent under a NAS\Network Share Client ?
  2. What version is the proxy on i.e. is it FR20, FR 21 or some other FR ?  
  3. Smaller folder takes 5 minutes, any idea how many items we’re taking about i.e. the number of files\folders ? 
  4. For the job that “broke” every 3 hours, can you please share the last few log lines of FileScan.log or if possible, just FileScan.log this particular job ?
  5. Finally, do you have any idea about
    1. the load on the filer itself i.e. is it being actively used when being scanned ? 
    2. the load on the proxy, though easy to confirm, just wanted to ensure that there aren’t multiple backup jobs running in parallel trying to scan shares on the filer via this proxy or the proxy itself handling multiple operations in parallel
    3. Just to cover all the basics, can you please tell me about the network link between the proxy and the filer ?

Thanks in advance for providing all this information.

Regards

Dhiwakar

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

Hi Actually i can awnser 

1: It is NAS\networc share

2: FR23

5: the loads on the data mover is arround 40% CPU and 20% RAm and the disc I/O is okay also the networc ussage is okay. The load on the filer is also good.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @SSchmidt

There really isn’t any additional setting to increase the timeout of Scan phase since there isn’t any sort of timeout to begin with. There is a provision to set the total running time for any given job type, you can find more information about that over here 

Assuming you’ve checked it out and can confirm that there aren’t any such limits, it’s not easy to gauge what’s going on without a few of the log files.

An escalation would be very helpful in figuring out what’s going on.

Thanks

Dhiwakar

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@SSchmidt , please share the case number so I can track accordingly.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @SSchmidt , following up tos ee if you had a chance to create an incident for this issue yet (or if you resolved on your own).

Thanks!