Solved

Seaching backups pre-v2 indexing upddate

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

I am searching for older backups prior to the v2 indexing update. I remember there is a way to set that when doing the search. As it stands now, I can only see items after the indexing . Anyone else come across this?

icon

Best answer by Matthew M. Magbee 27 June 2022, 22:19

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Matthew M. Magbee !  I talked to some folks and that’s not ringing any bells.  Are you seeing the jobs in the client/copy history, but browsing is empty?  Or just browsing the client for older data that is not showing up?

Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Almost, my entire 2021 year is gone- this is around the time I did the v2 indexing. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The jobs are flat out missing, or the jobs are unbrowsable?

Assuming the former, anything stand out on the GUI Audit Trail (i.e. changed retention, deleted media, etc.)?

Assuming the latter, that sounds off and is probably worth a support case.

I’d definitely want to see more regarding if it is just one client, or if the client parameters changed (i.e. the D: drive was removed and that can’t be browsed).

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Matthew M. Magbee , following up on this one.  Did you end up solving this one or opening a support case?

Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

I found that using the instance selection I could use a tape version that allowed the browsing to appear. Im sure theres a different way- but this worked for the few items i needed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I’ll take it, @Matthew M. Magbee !

Thanks for sharing with us 🤓