Question

Set "Throttle RMAN disk read (MB/Sec)" for Oracle IntelliSnap Backup

• 11 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

How set "Throttle RMAN disk read (MB/Sec)" parameter for "RMAN Backup Copy" using "Proxy Server" operation?
If I setting "Throttle RMAN disk read (MB/Sec)" for schedule under subclient which using IntelliSNAP it not take effect. 

6 replies

Badge

Please change the value of this PARAMETER under the sub-Client of Proxy Host.

Badge +1

Please change the value of this PARAMETER under the sub-Client of Proxy Host.

Hi,

We use cluster group client for source and proxy clients. Also this PARAMETER change on schedule or scheduler policy but we dont have schedule or scheduler policy under the sub-Client of Proxy Host.

Badge

Hi, 

Please try it on the Cluster Client Group of the Proxy. It is sub-client level parameter. You do not need to add it under the Schedule or Schedule Policy.

Thanks,

Badge +1

Hi, 

Please try it on the Cluster Client Group of the Proxy. It is sub-client level parameter. You do not need to add it under the Schedule or Schedule Policy.

Thanks,

Hi,

I can’t find this parameter in Sublient porperties tabs

but it located on Oracle Options tab when i run backup or create schedule for subclient

I also set an additional parameter nORA_BKP_RMAN_RATE_IN_MB at the client computer level for both Cluster Client Group members, but this also does not affect the ALLOCATE CHANNEL command.

Thanks,

Badge

Can you please open a Support Request and share that SR number, I will investigate it.

Badge +1

Can you please open a Support Request and share that SR number, I will investigate it.

Hi, 

Sorry we don't have a support contract at the moment..