Question

SharePoint online - JobResults "Export" folder fills up drive

• 7 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +13

Dear community,

Can anyone help me why this folder “Export” (inside Local JobResults in MA) is fills up ?

Probably is about SharePoint online, but why consumes so many space?
SharePoint online \configuration is 4-5 months ago with few sites.

And most important question, is it safe to delete it?

Thank you in advance!

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Good afternoon.  SharePoint backups stage information in the Job Results directory during backups.  Here is the information on the job results directory space calculations:

https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/expert/6599_job_results_directory_disk_space_calculation.html

As well as a link to the resource that shows the additional needs for each agent:

https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/expert/6604_agents_and_components_requiring_additional_disk_space.html

Userlevel 2
Badge +13

Thanks @Orazan  for your reply.

The truth is that Im little bit comfuded, because this specific folder “Export” is quite big for these few SharePoint online sites and also in addition with other bigger installations that actually this folder does not even exist!

That’s why I try to find if its safe to manually deleted !

Also, In other CV installations, under JobResults\SharePointV2\ I found only the “Backup” folder. The “Export” folder not even exists!

I also have an active ticket (Incident: 230606-286), but I didn’t received yet a clear answer from Commvault support, too.

Thank you in advance,
Nikos

Userlevel 2
Badge +13

To followback my issue, finally the “Export” folder (inside JobResults\SharePointV2\ ) is for staging backup files of SharePoint online jobs.

So, it’s not safe to delete it!

In some cases maybe to grow up, especially if some SharePoint site are huge!

For SharePoint Online, the job results folder size must be twice the size of the largest subsite which should be 5 TB in this case. This can be on a local drive or network share. This is alredy modfied to 100 GB in SP 28

So, in my case the solution was to simply upgrade to 11.28 that not required the twice the size of the largest subsite!
Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @Nikos.Kyrm Sorry support was not clean here we will review offline. 

Correct there was an enhancement that changed the way the agent was stagging data to disk which greatly reduces storage space needed and can also improve performance.

Note this is applicable to SPonline only.

Userlevel 2
Badge +13

Hello @Nikos.Kyrm Sorry support was not clean here we will review offline. 

Correct there was an enhancement that changed the way the agent was stagging data to disk which greatly reduces storage space needed and can also improve performance.

Note this is applicable to SPonline only.

Thanks @Scott Reynolds 

This enhancement in 11.28 about stagging the SPonline data is only apply to backup or also to restore operations?

I mean, in case you want to restore a huge SP site (out-of-place restore to another SPsite) it’s still necessary to have twice it’s capacity of storage to local JobResults HDD Drive?

Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Good question @Nikos.Kyrm 

It only applies to backups. For restores we have to place the data in azure in order to execute the import operation so jobresesults is not used in that situation.