Sharepoint SQL Server Services Account: Not Ready

• 25 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

had a problem with my Shp setup:

1 sql Server hosting the Shp Db → sql backupagent installed

1 shp Server where the shp backupclient is installed

now i get the error:

19956 1     01/25 08:15:22 ### CVSPPermissionCheck+<>c__DisplayClass21_0 <CheckSharePointSQLServerAccount>b__0 - SQL Server: SPSQL instance: SP2017 User Account: NT Service\SQLAgent$SP2017 does not have full permissions to job results and log files folders 
19956 1     01/25 08:15:22 ### CVSPPermissionCheck CheckFolderAccess - Exception System.Security.Principal.IdentityNotMappedException: Some or all identity references could not be translated.
   at System.Security.Principal.NTAccount.Translate(IdentityReferenceCollection sourceAccounts, Type targetType, Boolean forceSuccess)
   at System.Security.Principal.NTAccount.Translate(Type targetType)
   at CVSPCompatibilityCheck.CVSPPermissionCheck.CheckFolderAccess(String username, String path)
19956 1     01/25 08:15:22 ### CVSPPermissionCheck CheckFolderAccess - Exception System.Security.Principal.IdentityNotMappedException: Some or all identity references could not be translated.
   at System.Security.Principal.NTAccount.Translate(IdentityReferenceCollection sourceAccounts, Type targetType, Boolean forceSuccess)
   at System.Security.Principal.NTAccount.Translate(Type targetType)

so where i have to check the permissions on the Sql server or on the shp Server?

icon

Best answer by JamesA 25 January 2022, 12:25

View original

If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Chr... 

Just reviewing those log messages:

SQL Server: SPSQL instance: SP2017 User Account: NT Service\SQLAgent$SP2017 does not have full permissions to job results and log files folders 

Are you able to check permissions on the folders in the Commvault installation drive
C:\Program Files\Commvault\ContentStore\Log Files

C:\Program Files\Commvault\ContentStore\iDataAgent\JobResults

And see if permissions can be added for the account specified or use an alternative account that does have permissions?

Thanks,

Stuart

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@Chr... 

In addition to what Stuart suggested, you can also run the “Validate Account” on the properties of the SharePoint Server agent within the Commcell Console:

Once you run the validation, if it finds an error it gives you the option to “Assign Permissions” automatically and fix this. 

Example from my lab where nothing to fix:

Please see this article for more info on “Validate Account:

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.26/expert/57645_sharepoint_server_properties_general.html