Solved

single node SQL backup going in to pending state.

• 29 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello CC

I have an issue with a single node SQL server backup.  Im getting the following error

Error Code: [30:403]
Description: Failed to register job with Job Manager. Please check the job results directory as it is not accessible.
Source: lom1door01, Process: SQLiDA

I have checked the jobs location and the permissions and I opened it full access to All Users including our Commvault admin Galaxy account and still i get this error.  Anyone any ideas as to whats going on as Im stuck.  No results when I click on the error code.  Any help would be highly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Ramkumar Giridaran 29 June 2022, 17:10

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi TonyQ,

The job results directory error is normally because impersonate is entered into the wrong field. The impersonate for Job results directory is not necessary in this use case. You need to set SQL impersonate at the SQL Server level in the Commcell and remove the impersonate from the Job results section.

Remove the impersonate User information from this section, Right click the client, properties, advanced, and find this section. Verify the job results directory is filled in but remove the user name/password if one is entered.

Then you can proceed to right click the sql server below the client, select properties and enter the impersonate information here.

If this is reinstalled again, then

The client host name might be selected using FQDN, while the GUI had IP listed. This should have caused an issue bc there was a VM client with the same FQDN. So please have a look at it and change the host name of the VM to be fqdn_VM Bounced services and then created a temp cert. Backups should execute without any issues/errors.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Need to see what the actual error is in the SQLiDA.log on lom1door01

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello all,

This issue has gone.  It was a weird one.  The database was backing up TSQL logs under a simple backup but as you know Transactional logs only come from a full (according to the DBA’s), so we changed the backup to full recovery model and so far we have no permission issues and the T-Logs are backing up.

Thanks as always to this great community and the people who take their time to help us mere mortals. :-)

Thanks

Tony