Solved

Skip local zones in a Solaris global

• 8 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

What would the filter look like when I want to skip all or a certain local zone in a Solaris global?
I want to seperate the  global from the local and backup the local zones separately.

Global is called S123, local zone are called sz34 and sz56.

icon

Best answer by Edd Rimmer 8 February 2021, 15:54

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi John,

Could you confirm the iDA here? FIle System?

Regards
Edd

Badge +1

Ah yes, standard filesystem iDA

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hey John,

Thanks for confirming. There’s no built in way to do this currently - assuming you’re going to create separate subclients for each zone and you’ve installed commvault in the global, you’d create subclients for each (non) global zone and include the file system(s) relating to the zones (sz34 and sz56) into the respective subclient - content / paths which are added to other subclients are excluded from default.

I hope this makes sense - let me know if you have any further query on this?

Badge +1

Hey Edd,

I was hoping there was a predefined way of selecting only the native global filesystems without specifically mentioning them.
So the only solution is to use filters to have the local zones (which are ‘normal’ filesystems from the global point-of-view) skipped during the filesystem backup for the global.

We do not backup the local zones as part of the global. We back them up as separate clients.
So, a global zone with 2 local zones, ends up in CV as 3 clients with 1 or more subclients each.

Thank you for your help.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hey John,

Got it - In that case yes, the global zone client would just need its subclient setting up to filter out the non-global zones in its backup criteria.