Solved

SLA down after updating to 11.24.12

• 14 September 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

Yesterday I have updated to 11.24.12. But after installation, I found that it’s now showing my SLA is 28%. Missing SLA includes only the VMs and they are only 4-5 days old and backed up on weekly basis. If I am not wrong SLA period is calculated if there is no backup within 30 days. So is this a bug of this release 11.24.12?

Thanks for your answer in advance.

Sumit

icon

Best answer by SumitPramanik 20 September 2021, 07:49

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @SumitPramanik 

Have you checked the global SLA setting after the upgrade ? 

Maybe values/thresholds have been reset.

Check in the Commcell Console / Control Panel / System, then Advanced tab, there you have the Commcell’s global SLA values. 

But as you can set a different value on each client/subclient (through advanced properties/KPIs tab), you also have to check there. As you mention VMs, check at the hypervisor client (or subclient level).

If I’m not wrong also, the lowest level value of an SLA overrides the global Commcell SLA value..  

Badge +1

Hi Laurent,

Please see below screenshot in which it shows SLA is set to 30 Days and first VM backup was on 10th September. Still it showing as unprotected VM.

And this is my Global SLA setting..

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

OK, so I suggest you drilldown by clicking in the Webconsole on one of the servers reported as out of SLA, to see the details. Maybe part of a content of a client/subclient is not excluded anymore..?

Also, this can be possible, but you may need to spend 24Hours past the upgrade for the SLAs to be re-computed properly. Someone from the support team should be able to clear out this point.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@SumitPramanik what was the version you were running on before the upgrade? what is the hypervisor type? are you creating backup copies? if not than I would recommend to enable the "Include Snap Jobs for Met SLA if backup copy and snapvault copy are not enabled” option. but in this case this setting is not applicable I think because it really reports "No Job within SLA period”

I'm b.t.w. also curious to hear what the last setting actually does: "Include both Virtual Server Agent jobs and other agent jobs" as I'm unable to find any documentation related to this setting. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I'm b.t.w. also curious to hear what the last setting actually does: "Include both Virtual Server Agent jobs and other agent jobs" as I'm unable to find any documentation related to this setting. 

Neither can I :joy:

I’ll message our docs team.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Amanda Tesla, tagging you in as per @Seema Ghai .

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi Everyone,

I checked with the development team to confirm. When you select Include both Virtual Server Agent jobs and other agent jobs, the SLA calculation will count VM clients as “met SLA” only when both the VSA agent and the agents installed on the VM client have a successful job. It’s not in the documentation yet, but we do have an MR to add it. The update should appear in the next refresh of the documentation live site (up to 2 weeks from now). Hope that helps!

Badge +1

Solver after adding tick mark to these two. Thanks all.