Solved

snapshot for NFS size 0

• 12 July 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

I explain my case. We have configured a policy through snap and its subsequent backup copy of an NFS through NDMP. When we do the snap, the size is 0 bytes and there have been changes in the nfs content, so the backup copy is not done. On some occasions that same task has finished correctly 'but without data, and other times this error appears Subclient [default] is protected by snapshots on storage array [NFSUNITY] - backup job [338439] client [win-backup] snap engine [Dell EMC Unity Snap]. and this is the summary Backup job [338439] completed. Client [192.168.24.47], Agent Type [NDMP], Subclient [default], Backup Level [Full], Objects [Not Applicable], Failed [0], Duration [00:00:23], Total Size [Not Applicable] , Media or Mount Path Used []. Thank you very much

snap copy

backup copy

icon

Best answer by eguillem 5 September 2022, 11:39

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @eguillem 

Can you let me know if Snapshot cataloging is enabled or not? If not, can you please enable it here - https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/expert/35099_enabling_snapshot_cataloging.html

Then try a test job and let me know the results. Thanks

Badge +3

hi @Matt Medvedeff 

After launching the snap catalogin the next error that appears in the backup copy is the following Error Code: [39:424] Description: Client [192.168.24.47] was unable to connect to the tape server [win-backup] on port [40458]. Please check network connectivity. Source: win-backup, Process: NasBackup There is no virtual or physical tape library, the IP is that of the NFS, but it has a connection because the snaps are saved correctly in the cabin, but in the backup copy it fails me

Badge +3

Error Code: [32:392]
Description: Failed to mount the snapshot. : [[131149829][The requested resource does not exist. (Error Code:0x7d13005)]]
Source: win-backup, Process: NasBackup

Badge +3

@Matt Medvedeff Fixed the connectivity problem, we follow another failure to mount the snapshot in the backup copy

Error Code: [32:392] Description: Failed to mount the snapshot. : [[131149829][The requested resource does not exist. (Error Code:0x7d13005)]] Source: win-backup, Process: NasBackup

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@eguillem following up on this one.  Is the error still occurring?  If so, I’d create a support case to get this resolved  (and share the case number here).

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

When looking at this thread I am wondering if the snapshots are still visible from the storage array management perspective.

If they are not, what happens when the jobs with non-existing snaps are excluded from the backup copy. And a new full snap backup is run with a backup copy started straight after the snap backup.

If they are, what happens when you initiate a mount one of the present snapshots manually from the array management in Commvault.

Badge +3
Thank you very much to all.With the help of commvault support we were able to resolve the issue

regards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @eguillem 

Good to hear 😀

What was the solution if I may ask?

Badge +3

We have just tried to reconfigure subclient again  and also configured backup again which will some time help you fix the issue.