Solved

Subclient backup performance report

• 11 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Dear all,

for statistical reasons I am looking for an effective way to compare the performance indicators of a given job with the other executions of the same one at previous schedule times. For “performance indicators” I mean mainly execution duration and average throughput.

Is there any way to do that using Commvault tools? With a little bit of shame, I currently export the job history in Excel and post process it 😊

Thank you

Gaetano

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 11 October 2022, 18:30

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

No shame at all!  I’d do the exact same thing.

I’d take that data, insert a pivot table and either columns or Filters for the day of the week.  Look at the average duration for several weeks of jobs, then check out the days of the week (or time frames) to see if there’s any difference.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hello,

thanks Mike for your confirmation. As suggestion, it would be very nice and useful to have such report directly within Commvault reports store, this to help understanding if anything out of order is happening.

Have a nice day

Gaetano

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Definitely a worthy report.  If you want, open a support case and request a CMR for your suggestion.

there’s no guarantee of when/if it will come out, but it’s more likely if there’s a CMR for this.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Thank you @Mike Struening ,

I will follow the suggestion and arrange to open the support case.

Gaetano