Solved

Support for the CommServe component - Windows Server 2022

• 29 November 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4

Hello Commvault Community!

Do you have access to information whether CommServe in FR 11.24 will be able to be hosted on the new OS - Windows Server 2022 LTS? Is there information about it on the roadmap?

I asked chat from ma.commvault.com and asked a question via "Submit Feedback", but I didn't get an answer to my question.

In the documentation regarding "CommServe Server: System Requirements" there isn’t information whether Windows Server 2022 is supported, but in the article "Windows File System: System Requirements", we’re informed that it is already supported for OS Windows Server 2022.

CommServe Server: System Requirements

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/expert/2801_commserve_server_system_requirements_02.html

Windows File System: System Requirements

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/expert/3011_windows_file_system_system_requirements.html

If you have sources from which to get information, I would be grateful, I wouldn’t like to create a service request in Commvault support, but if there isn’t other option then I will have to do it.

Thanks&Regards,
Kamil

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 1 December 2021, 17:45

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Kamil , hope all is well!

I’ll find out, reply back here, and get the docs updated (if it is supported, and an ETA if possible otherwise).

Userlevel 4

Hi @Mike Struening 

Sure thing. Thank you for your reaction and I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Kamil

Userlevel 4

Hi @Mike Struening

I got a response from the documentation and response team to "Feedback".

---
"We reviewed your feedback about Expert :: Search feedback for" CommServe Server: System Requirements ", and updated the documentation.

The revised content will be available in the next refresh of our documentation website.

Thank you,
The Commvault Documentation Team "
---

Do you know how often the documentation is refreshed? When can I expect the current documentation to change?

Thanks&Regards,
Kamil

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I did hear back from our engineering team.

They advised that the normal plan for OS support starts in the File System, then expands to Media Agent, then Commserve.

Currently, we support the FS (and have in 11.24).  The MA side is coming soon (I can’t share exactly when, but soon).

Once that is done, the Commserve piece comes next (likely shortly after, though I can’t share anything publicly just yet.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

ps the docs are generally updated every Feature Release (plus relevant Maintenance Release update details).  You should see the update once FR26 is out in January.

Userlevel 4

Hi @Mike Struening 

I hope you are doing well.

Sure, I understand you can't tell me any more. Thank you for what you managed to find out.

In that case, I will pass the information on to the Customer, I think it should be enough, but I will hold back a moment with marking "Best Answer" ok?

Thanks&Regards,
Kamil

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hold off as long as you need to :-)

I’ll follow up if it seems to have been a while.

Userlevel 4

Hi @Mike Struening 

Thank you for help. Everything has been cleared up. :)

I will mark the best answer.

Regards,
Kamil

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Great, glad we could help!!