• 7 replies

Badge +2

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 29 June 2021, 19:21

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @Mansour Samir , and welcome to the community!

Can you provide a few details so we can help you out?

What kind of job is this?  IS this a backup or restore?  Aux Copy or iDA job?  What agent is involved (Windows FS, VSA, Exchange)?  What percentage is the job?

We’ll likely need to see some logs as well, though the above will get us started.

Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi ​​​@Mansour Samir 

When you say throughput is low, can you please provide some additional information including but not limited to

1. What is the current throughput that you’re observing and what is the throughput that you expect from your environment ?
  2. What kind of operation is this and what is the agent that you’re working with. Is it Windows File System , is it Linux File System or something else ? I believe that it is a backup job (judging from the screenshot) but I can’t quite tell much else.
  3. Did you check the performance counters in the logs ? 

Thanks

Dhiwakar

Badge +2

First of all, Thanks for your Reply 

This Job is Backup from local database based on Linux also it is a physical server

The job performance was 2978 GB/HR and suddenly it was 2 GB/r

when I checked the logs for this job I found the mentioned screenshot 

Badge +2

@Mike Struening 

Badge +2

@DR92 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Mansour Samir is this DB2 (based on the name)?  I’ll loop in some of our Linux folks, though some details will help:

Was this job running quick then it slowed, or have previous backups been fast and this new job is slow?

Have you checked the network connectivity (perhaps a copy and paste of data from client to Media Agent) as a test?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Mansour Samir , following up to see if you can confirm the above details.

Thanks!