Solved

Troubleshooting not being able to install items from Commvault Store?

• 28 July 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

I’m interested in getting this workflow from the webstore, but both on the commserve’s browser (MS Edge) or on my workstation (firefox), when I click the install button while signed in with my commvault account - so this link here: https://commserve.mycompany.edu/webconsole/softwarestore/#!/136/671/14567 from my commserve, i see the messages in the lower right corner:

Installing "Enable Subclient Index"

followed seconds later by

Something went wrong installing Enable Subclient Index

What logs can I examine to figure out why this is happening? following the prereqs here, I definitely know I’m logged in as part of the master group, and obviously the commserve has the web console installed.

I also did use this successfully once, a couple years ago, to install a workflow, so I know it has worked in the past.

icon

Best answer by ZachHeise 28 July 2022, 23:01

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @ZachHeise !  I checked our internal database for this exact error and found a single, sole case…..which was closed without a customer response 😣

Check out workflow.log on the Commserve at the time you tried to do the install, and share what it shows.

A tip for whenever I can’t figure out which log is the right one: retry the operation and sort the log files by modified date.  you might have a few active logs, but one of them is right!

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi Mike,

Found this in webconsole.log - I can reliably cause another serverexception in the log every time I try to install this workflow - or any other one, for that matter:

219520 1 07/28 11:44:27 redactedIP 18 AdminConsole INFO  StatelessCookieFilter:?:? - Requested path : /softwarestore/storeSessionCheck.do
219520 1 07/28 11:44:27 redactedIP 18 AdminConsole INFO StatelessCookieFilter:?:? - exclude urls : [/samlAcsCallback.do, /consoleError.do, /sandbox/make_request.jsp, /addAction, /reports/setFetchLicenseTask.do, /samlAcsIdpInitCallback.do, /isSessionAlive.do, /mobileLogin.do, /auditLog.do, /nativeLogin.do, /initOpenIdAuthFlow.do, /openIdConnectCallback.do, /appstore/appStoreLoginService.do, /cvAccountsLoginCallBack.do, /emailrecall/endUserSearchEnabled.do, /idpSSOLoginCallBackHandler.do, /remoteSAMLResponse.do, /addVisitor, /SAMLSingleLogout, /forms/preview, /httplogupload.do, /metrics/metricsUpload.do, /remoteSAMLIDPLogout.do, /samlLogin.do, /appstore/storeconfig.do, /remoteSAMLAcsIdpInitCallback.do]
219520 1 07/28 11:44:27 redactedIP 18 AdminConsole INFO StatelessCookieFilter:doFilterInternal:86 - landing remote url stateless : null
219520 10 07/28 11:44:27 redactedIP 18 AdminConsole INFO StatelessCookieFilter:?:? - Requested path : /softwarestore/store-installFromAppstore.do
219520 10 07/28 11:44:27 redactedIP 18 AdminConsole INFO StatelessCookieFilter:?:? - exclude urls : [/samlAcsCallback.do, /consoleError.do, /sandbox/make_request.jsp, /addAction, /reports/setFetchLicenseTask.do, /samlAcsIdpInitCallback.do, /isSessionAlive.do, /mobileLogin.do, /auditLog.do, /nativeLogin.do, /initOpenIdAuthFlow.do, /openIdConnectCallback.do, /appstore/appStoreLoginService.do, /cvAccountsLoginCallBack.do, /emailrecall/endUserSearchEnabled.do, /idpSSOLoginCallBackHandler.do, /remoteSAMLResponse.do, /addVisitor, /SAMLSingleLogout, /forms/preview, /httplogupload.do, /metrics/metricsUpload.do, /remoteSAMLIDPLogout.do, /samlLogin.do, /appstore/storeconfig.do, /remoteSAMLAcsIdpInitCallback.do]
219520 10 07/28 11:44:27 redactedIP 18 AdminConsole INFO StatelessCookieFilter:?:? - landing remote url stateless : null
219520 10 07/28 11:44:27 redactedIP 18 AdminConsole INFO DCUtil:?:? - Is the user having download center capability?: true. Setting this capability in session.
219520 10 07/28 11:44:27 redactedIP 18 AdminConsole INFO DCUtil:?:? - Requesting for available download center reporsitories to browse
219520 10 07/28 11:44:28 redactedIP 18 AdminConsole WARN ServerBroker:?:? - Invalid response returned: 403
219520 10 07/28 11:44:28 redactedIP 18 AdminConsole ERROR StoreHandler:?:? -
commvault.web.core.net.ServerException: null
at commvault.web.core.net.ServerBroker.getResponseAndHandleExceptions(ServerBroker.java:485)
at commvault.web.core.net.ServerBroker.getServerResponse(ServerBroker.java:176)
at commvault.web.core.net.ServerBroker.getServerResponse(ServerBroker.java:142)
at commvault.web.core.net.ServerBroker.getResponse(ServerBroker.java:236)
at commvault.web.core.net.ServerBroker$Proxy$_$$_WeldClientProxy.getResponse(Unknown Source)
at commvault.web.downloadcenter.util.DCUtil.getDCRepositories(DCUtil.java:264)
at commvault.web.downloadcenter.util.DCUtil.getCachedServer(DCUtil.java:112)
at commvault.web.softwarestore.StoreDownloadService.downloadFile(StoreDownloadService.java:115)
at commvault.web.softwarestore.StoreClientService.doInstallFromAppStore(StoreClientService.java:1384)
at commvault.web.softwarestore.StoreHandler.handleInstallFromAppStore(StoreHandler.java:316)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at commvault.web.core.MainController.processRequest(MainController.java:93)
at commvault.web.core.MainController.doPost(MainController.java:313)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:681)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:764)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:227)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:162)

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I searched for the error (WARN ServerBroker:?:? - Invalid response returned: 403) in our internal database and see some updates that address the issues in 11.24.48 and 11.25.32.

What  Release are you currently on?

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Whoops, was going to include that in the last post but forgot. 11.26.18 at the moment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I would open a support case and mention this thread.  I don’t have the form ID, so I can’t confirm the FR 26 version, though it’s failing with the same error regardless.

Let me know the case number once you do so I can track it.

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

After a reboot of the commserve AND a maintenance level upgrade on the commserve from 11.26.18 to 11.26.27, the issue was solved (the reboot alone did NOT fix it, but worked right away after the upgrade).

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Awesome, thanks for the update!!!!