Solved

Troubleshooting Outlook Add-in issues

• 26 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

we have a customer with some issues with the Outlook Add-In. 

For some users the Add-In does not load when trying to access an archived email and behaves like it was not installed. For others, the add-in loads, but does not display the email content. Double clicking an archived email simply shows a blank window. With the “Quick Look” button, the email can be accessed in the browser. Also, this icon is not shown for the affected users:

The customer told that uninstalling and re-installing on those clients does not solve the issue. Since it is working fine for most of the users, this seems to be an issue with the add-in itself. 

My question is: Are there any logs for the Outlook Add-In to check? I asked my colleagues, but no one is actually used to the Outlook Add-In since we do not get in touch with it usually. 

Regards

Holger

icon

Best answer by JamesA 26 May 2021, 15:37

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Holger,

Please check these things first for the OutlookAddin not loading:

1) Make sure the correct version of the addin is installed. For example, if Outlook is 64Bit make sure the 64Bit version of the Addin is installed
2) Check in Outlook > File > Info > Manage COM Addins and make sure that the Addin is not being disabled by Outlook for being slow. 
3) If the above does not help, check the CVProfile.log and CVArchiverAddin.log located in these locations: 

%AppData%\Roaming\CVProvider\Log Files
%UserProfile%\AppData\Local

In regards to the issue with the blank window when double clicking and the stub icon not loading in Outlook, please check the CVArchiverAddin.log located in %UserProfile%\AppData\Local

If you do not see the issue, you might have to reproduce the issue with a higher logging level of the Addin for more verbose detail.

To increase the logging for the CVArchiverAddin.log follow these steps:

1) Navigate to the following location on the computer with the Outlook Add-In installed:

%UserProfile%\AppData\Local

2) Edit the cvaddinhook.xml in notepad and add the following line within the settings section:

<add key="loglevel" value="9" />

An example of this can be seen below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Settings>
  <add key="RecallBaseUrl" value="http://recallurl.domain.com/webconsole/RestServlet/Recall" />
  <add key="loglevel" value="9" />
</Settings>

3) Restart Outlook for the new logging level to take effect.

Badge +4

Hi,

thank you very much. Now I have a point to start. :thumbsup:

Badge +4

Hi,

okay, for the affected users, the .xml was blank. After copying it from another client where it works, the mails could be accessed via the add-in.