Solved

Two different Service packs running within the same Commvault environment.

• 16 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hell CV Community

I have what I think might be an issue.  One of our team updated to SP 11.21.34 from SP 11.20.36.  However what we have noticed that all our Hyper-V hosts (physical servers) need a reboot due to one of the hotfixes that came down with the SP which is as follows

“Install/Upgrade of package: [dotnetfx462] required a reboot. The job will resume after the reboot. To resume the job immediately, resubmit the job with the 'Reboot Client' check box selected”.  My main question is, will this be an issue having a load of servers on a different service pack from others?  It is not feasible to reboot all the hosts as part of the upgrade as these servers host Virtual servers which host live servers.

Thanks

Tony Q

icon

Best answer by Blaine Williams 16 April 2021, 11:55

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi TonyQ, 

Although it is not best practise you should have no issues running the hosts on different SPs. I would however ensure this is temporary and plan the upgrade of the hosts to realign. 

Regards
Blaine

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Blaine

Thanks for the quick response on this.  Our live environment is die to get Windows patches middle of next week so all the hosts will get rebooted then.  Take care, and again thanks

TonyQ