Solved

Unable to delete client - Detected Media Agent platform

Badge +8

Hi,

I am trying to delete a deconfigured client. I get the error “ Detected Media Agent platform. Delete Media Agent before cleaning up the client.”

This client is not listed under Storage Resources → MediaAgents.

No backup jobs exist for this client.

Is there a way to forcefully remove the client?

Cheers.

icon

Best answer by Iggy 4 April 2023, 12:25

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hello @Iggy 

If the Library has been removed from the MediaAgent, the MediaAgent may be hidden.

Can you see if this setting is enabled? and if not, enable it and you should be able to delete the MediaAgent.

Thank you,
Collin

Badge +8

Hi,

This client was not acting as a data mover MA but only had it installed as part of the requirement for Block Level backups of PostgreSQL.

There are no hidden libraries.

It appears that this client reinstalled with a different name as well. Is there any way to force remove this client?

Data Aging also alerts to this client.

Description: Failed to delete deconfigured clients with no protected data.

Regards,

Ignes

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Iggy 

Can you confirm the what version you are on please?

Have you tried to Retire the Client?

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.28/essential/115533_retiring_client_or_agent.html

Best regards,

Sebastien

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Iggy 

If Retire is not working, you can check DataAging.log and should see the reason.

Otherwise, please log a case so we can review.

Best Regards,

Sebastien

Badge +8

Hi,

Retire client operation also fails with same error.

Below is the error in the Data Aging log file:

35120 90c8  01/26 12:00:41 49076 LibConfigAppClientProp::deleteClient() - Failure in Deleting Client [9] [dbaas-makola-test]

35120 90c8  01/26 12:00:41 49076 EntityProperties::dumpResponse() - Rolled back transaction

35120 90c8  01/26 12:00:41 49076 LibConfigAppClientProp::deleteClient() - Err[<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?><App_DeleteClientRequest><processinginstructioninfo><attributes name="DeletedByDataAging" value="true"/><user _type_="13" userId="1"/><formatFlags continueOnError="1" elementBased="0" filterUnInitializedFields="0" formatted="0" ignoreUnknownTags="1" skipIdToNameConversion="0" skipNameToIdConversion="0"/></processinginstructioninfo><association><entity _type_="0" clientId="9" clientName="dbaas-makola-test" commCellId="2"/></association></App_DeleteClientRequest>].Rolled back transaction.Continue on Error Set. Proceeding with other entities.

35120 90c8  01/26 12:00:41 49076 LibConfigAppClientProp::deleteClient() - Failed to delete following clients [9]

35120 90c8  01/26 12:00:41 49076 EntityProperties::dumpResponse() - Rolled back transaction

35120 90c8  01/26 12:00:41 49076 ArchPruneBase::deleteDeconfiguredClientsWithNoData() - Delete Clients failed. LibConfigAppClientProp::deleteClient returned error code [1]

35120 90c8  01/26 12:00:41 49076 DATA AGING() - Failed to Delete Deconfigured clients with no protected data

Cheers.

Ignes

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @Iggy 

It looks like we might need to provide a script.

Can you log a case with Support so we can review and escalate to Development if needed please.

Best Regards,

Sebastien

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Meanwhile, can you check and confirm there is only 1 Client with that name dbaas-makola-test please?

On the CommCell Console I went to Tools > User Preferences > Client Computer Filter > and checked "show virtual machines"

Badge +8

Hi,

I don’t see that machine as a duplicate in the list.

I think this machine was renamed but the Commvault software wasn’t configure correctly. I will open a Support case to resolve this.

Cheers.

Ignes

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi,

You can run a Audit Trail Report.

Sure, we will check and confirm.

Best Regards,

Sebastien

Badge +8

Hi.

Support provided a script to delete the client.

Regards,

Ignes