Solved

Update from MR 11.24.38 + diag patch to > MR 11.24.60 issue

• 1 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Hello Team,

few months ago, we were on version 11.24.28 and we had a bug (restore from storeOnce failed)

Commvault provided a patch that fix the issue, but before the requirement was to update to 11.24.38

Today I updated from 11.24.38 to 11.24.60, the bugs appears again, it seems that the patch was not included on the MR.

Talked with the engineer, asked me to try to execute the patch on 11.24.60 but now services won’t run.

What is the procedure to revert back to version 11.24.38 + re apply the patch ?

remove all packages from the MA and reinstall again FS FS core, VSA and MA package 11.24.38 + patch ?

the patch used is v11SP24_Available_Diag4474_linux-x8664.tar

Thanks !

icon

Best answer by Onno van den Berg 1 September 2022, 20:42

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Bloopa , in theory that should work, though I would check what the CS level is at to ensure that stays higher.

Assuming there’s nothing other than the MA on this server, it should be fine.  Only concern would be if any sort of database was updated which would be tricky to undo.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Yes, that should do the trick. Have done it myself as well a few times in the past. Pretty damm that you ran into the issue! For the next time make sure to wait for the MA to appear which contains the fix before closing the ticket. This makes sure you keep it on the radar ;-) 

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Hi all,

done ! I revert back to the 11.24.38 on MA and reapplied the patch.

after 6 month (date of patch developement) it would be nice if this patch was included on next MR !

from 11.24.38 to 11.24.60 there is 5 MR (6 months). The bug was discovered 9 months ago ...and it prevents me to keep the Commvault infra at a recommended level of MR.

Thanks to all. I will check with Commvault support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Great to hear that you are back in business! I would assume the same, but experiment the same in the past so it is always good to get confirmation back which MR contains the official fix. You could of course also run into a different issue, but this is something that can be identified very quickly by engineering.