Solved

Upgrade Commserve to SP20 from SP16HPK85

• 10 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

What are steps that I need to follow to complete the upgrade? Does any one have the document that I need to follow to complete this process? I fairly new to commvault and do not know how I should execute this process. Do you know how long we will be supported on Version 16? How do I see all the GUI changes and also share information with other site admin.

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 10 February 2021, 20:12

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Welcome @Chitra Saha !  We actually have exactly what you need in a topic I created for exactly this kind of question!

This post has all of the tips and tricks and links you should need:

Take a look and let me know if you have any questions!

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

What are steps that I need to follow to complete the upgrade? Does any one have the document that I need to follow to complete this process? I fairly new to commvault and do not know how I should execute this process. Do you know how long we will be supported on Version 16? How do I see all the GUI changes and also share information with other site admin.

Just out of curiosity, but did you even took a minute to look at the documentation before posting this question? It is very well documented and the process is pretty straight forward! In regards to GUI changes you are making a big jump going from SP16 to SP20. So many changes and in addition it depends on the GUI you are referring to that is used. But to give you an idea:

• Command Center will change a lot because of all the new features and ported features besides generic improvements
  • CommCell Console will not change that much from a visual point of view. It's more in the details although I cannot remember SP16 that good anymore ;-)