Solved

Version 11 SP 24 LTS zip package link

• 19 October 2021
  • 26 replies

Badge +3

Hi, all

Due business restrictions we cannot download 11.24 zipped package for Windows. Is possible to get a link like I received last time in March for 11.20? Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
George

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 25 October 2021, 23:06

View original

26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Sure thing, I believe @Stuart Painter had just copied the direct link itself:

https://ma.commvault.com/Download/Package?file=secure%2Fsoftwaredist%2Fcommvault%2F11.0.0%2FFR24%2FCommvault_Media_11_24.exe&fileSize=22.6591796875&sizeUnit=MB

Let me know if that works (if not, I’ll check with Stuart and see what he did).

Badge +3

Hi, Mike

We do not the bootstrapper. We have access to that. It’s the big over 12 GB package we really need. Thank you for pitching in.

George

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Understood; I’m not seeing that available for me, either.

I’ll talk to @Stuart Painter and arrange for it to be available for you!

Badge +3

Thank you, Mike. Let’s wait for him. 

Best regards, 

George 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Geo 

As @Mike Struening has indicated, there doesn’t appear to be zip file provided after 11.22. I have found full zip files for 11.20, 21 and 22, but nothing beyond those.

I haven’t been able to find a full media zip file on Maintenance Advantage or Commvault Cloud or the corresponding internal resources.

The best way forward I can suggest is to use the download manager you already have and select Download All Packages.

Downloading Software for Windows Computers Using the Download Manager

Let me know how you get on with this.

Thanks,

Stuart

Badge +3

Hi, Mike and Stuart

The fact that I am writing to this community is based on experience. We got bootstrappers and couldn’t make the package due to internal restrictions. For my team to download the 20 MB bootstrapper is not an issue. But, to use the bootstrapper it is and was a challenge all the time. The bootstrapper is trying to reach the cloud in order to create the package, and that is a big problem. The zipped file is large, however is already prepared and no other action is required. I can use the bootstrapper on a different computer, but usb is not allowed to be used on most of the laptops, such as mine. Shall I call support or my account executive to ask for help here? Thank you for your kind assistance on my issue.

Best regards,

George Smadea

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Geo ,

Let @Stuart Painter and I see what we can arrange.  I recall hearing that they were going to stop posting the full packages for download, though there might be another method.  I just checked cloud.commvault.com and it’s the same thing….just the bootstrapper.

the first step is for us to see if this is available to share, then to see if it is something we can share.

Give us a bit to look internally.

Badge +3

Thank you Mike and Stuart. You are both amazing. Last time you made it so easy for me. Yes, for me. Not sure that part was expressed. Again, big thank you to you. The 11.24 is asked in our organization for OpenShift and more, and is yet, again, is an LTS version. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Geo 

Please take a look at the documentation and steps to use Download Manager and download all packages for the future.

For this instance, I have used Download Manager to pull down Win64, Win32 and Linux_x8664 packages and placed on FTP for you:

ftp://qnftp01.commvault.com/incoming/96D/FR24/FR24_16_FullPackageDownload.7z

I hope this covers your immediate requirements and this allows some time for you to plan for the next Feature Release download.

Thanks,

Stuart

Badge +3

Thank you, Stuart. I did the same thing yesterday after learning about the big package not being ready. Only for Win64 and Win32. For Linux distro I will use the download option to build the Software Cache. However, I am not able to download from the link you have provided. How large is that 7z package you have prepared for me?

Geo

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Geo , the file is 18.9 GB.

Badge +3

Larger than before, but not accessible from my laptop. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Geo , are you getting errors trying to resolve the link?  Have you downloaded from that FTP before?  If not, you’ll need the credentials.  I can share via pm, just confirm first.

Badge +3

Hi, Mike

No errors at all. Is just blank. No messages at all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Are you using an FTP client?  I had the same issue using chrome; had to use Windows Explorer (and you’ll need the credentials, so if you don’t have them let me know).

Badge +3

Sure. Let’s do that. It doesn’t work as it is. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Sent it via pm.

Badge +3

Hi, Mike

What’s pm? Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Oops!  Private Message.  You should see it in your profile (click your icon in the upper right, then select Private Messages.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Geo 

The original file is much larger as I included Win64, Win32 and Linux_x8664 in the same bundle.

I’ve split these now for you into separate files to make the download smaller if you don’t need all these versions:

ftp://qnftp01.commvault.com/incoming/96D/FR24/FR24_16_WinX64.zip

ftp://qnftp01.commvault.com/incoming/96D/FR24/FR24_16_Win32.zip

ftp://qnftp01.commvault.com/incoming/96D/FR24/FR24_16_Unix.7z

Thanks,

Stuart

Badge +3

Hi, Stuart and Mike

None of the links provided are working. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I have the same problem unless I paste the link in Windows Explorer likely since the full path includes the file.  Try having Windows Explorer open the url or just use an FTP client.

You can also try the path without the file name:

ftp://qnftp01.commvault.com/incoming/96D/FR24

Badge +3

Hi, Mike

The ftp is not allowed in our company. Sorry. I’ve missed that. I have tried all option you suggested to prove I am wrong and with no success. Thank you for all your efforts. Is somehow any other option available or it’s my bootstrapper and creating the packages? 

Best regards.

Geo

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

To confirm @Geo , FTP access is flat out blocked at your site?  If that is the case, then the boostrapper is your only option.

Badge +3

Hi, Mike

It looks like no other choice is out there. Just the bootstrapper. Thank you a lot for trying here to help.

By the way, if somehow the zipped package appears from somewhere, let me know.

Best regards,

Geo