Solved

VMware Disaster Recovery

• 29 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

Hi all,

I’m looking to configure Disaster Recovery for VMware. The documentation and the configuration is quite clear. I am perplexed by the configuration of the VM network, in particular the mapping of the source network to the destination network.

When I configure the recovery target (destination vCenter) it’s possible to configure only one target network, instead of having the possiblity to configure a complete mapping of all existing networks.

The only way I found to configure the network mapping is to do it VM for VM, network adapter for network adapter, making the configuration impossible if in front of hundreds/thousands of VM.

Is there any way to configure it globally? Are there any possibility to implement this functionallity in the future releases?

Thanks

Fabrizio

icon

Best answer by Damian Andre 2 May 2022, 05:38

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You should be able to specify the destination network at the recovery target level. Are you using command center to configure?

Or are you saying you need it to be more granular than one network fits all?

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/essential/114603_recovery_target_options_for_vmware.html

• Destination network: Select a network that is available for the destination.

If you select Not Connected or do not select a destination network, virtual machines are restored with network interfaces in disconnected state.

Badge +4

Thanks Damian for your respond.

Unfortunatelly at recovery target level I can configure only one network target.

Or are you saying you need it to be more granular than one network fits all?

Yes, exactly. I need to map various network.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Got it - seems like you could only create one recovery target per group of VM for the same network settings at the moment. Traditionally in the Java UI I thought there was a manual override per VM, if you had one or two VMs that needed different settings but you didn't want to create a separate recovery group

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Fabrizio , following up to see if you have any any additional observations or success on your end.

Thanks!