Solved

VSA Proxy on Windows 2022

• 24 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4
Hi,I am configuring new VSA Proxy on Windows 2022 and I wanted to make sure there are no additional recommendations for this kind of configuration. Is the settings as below sufficient? How should I set SAN Policy (Offline Shared/Online)?On the VSA Proxy server, ensure that the “automount disable” and “automount scrub” commands have been run to disable automatic drive letter assignment-> To disable automount1. Open a new command prompt2. Type diskpart3. At the prompt, type automount disable4. The computer will display the message "Automatic mounting of new volumes disabled"5. Type exit-> Confirm the following iwd registry key is set to 1 (disabled) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MountMgr\NoAutoMount

Dorota

icon

Best answer by Orazan 24 January 2023, 19:04

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Yeah automatically disabling certain settings isn’t appropriate unless you are using an appliance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

It's about time the Commvault software starts to detect if these settings have been applied and sends out a warning to notify the user to make these changes or taking it one step further makes these changes automatically when the specific package is pushed forward. 

Agreed,

Support asked to automate this in the beginning but changing system settings like this is a grey area. The next best thing is to detect and alert!

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

It's about time the Commvault software starts to detect if these settings have been applied and sends out a warning to notify the user to make these changes or taking it one step further makes these changes automatically when the specific package is pushed forward. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Good afternoon.   Automount should be disabled and the SAN policy should be set to Online All.