Solved

Vsphere version 8 support?

• 24 November 2022
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

hi,

VMware earlier this year released Vsphere 8.

is there anything known on when this will be supported for Commvault?

not sure if supported because i did not see it added to the Docs.

kind Regards,

Thos Gieskes.

icon

Best answer by Gopinath 28 November 2022, 22:58

View original

10 replies

Badge

Great! Thank you! Your input resolved our issue!

Regards

Matej

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

In vSphere 8 UI , VMware changed that and moved to VM storage policies instead of ‘Profole-driven storage’

Check and use these new names and privileges.

Regards

Gopinath

Badge

When adding a vcenter hypervisor to CV version 2022e i get an error “Validate VS credentials failed. Error [100:User Account [commvault_backup@hostname] is missing privileges. [StorageProfile.View]]” We are running vcenter v8 and that permision is no longer present is the v8 version of vmware. Has somebody manage to connect CV to vcenter v8?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/expert/96273_system_requirements_for_virtual_server_agent_with_vmware_02.html

vCenter Server Version

Commvault Support

8.0 (all minor updates)

2022e and later

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Ran trough the documentation for FR30 and vsphere 8 is not included. Does someone have any info regarding vsphere 8 support?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Now the FR30 is released and no support for vSphere 8. Are there any plans for supporting vSphere 8 due an Maintenance Release?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi,

We performed few tests with VMC SDDC 1.19 and 1.20 where its with vSphere 8.0, and all looking good there.

Rest vSphere 8.0 certification is planned with FR30 timeframe once it completes then will claim in BOL.

Regards

Gopinath

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I heard some rumors that the 2023 release, which is scheduled for December 15, will deliver support for vSphere 8.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

There is no official statement on roadmaps for supported products.
But on the internet, I have seen people sharing information from their Commvault SE, stating this would be included within 90 days after the release of vSphere 8.

So, fingers crossed for somewhere in Januari 2023😋

Badge +2

Unless and until there is any major change to VADP feature, i think it would work.