Solved

Webhook URL - Offline

• 28 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +5

Hi 

I have a CV alert that sends notifications to MS Teams via a webhook and it works fine (has been for months).

I have now duplicated the alert but pointing the notification to a different teams channel with a different webhook. The problem is that the CV webconsole says the second webhook URL is offline.

Hover over the webhook and I get > “Offline (28/07/2022 15:25:31)”

I know the webhook URL works as its used by grafana successfully and also calling from the terminal works:

curl -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -d '{"text": "Hello World"}'  [WEBHHOOK_URL]

Any ideas why CV would report it offline?

Thanks,

Mike

icon

Best answer by Mike Gale 26 August 2022, 10:40

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Mike Gale , that’s an interesting one.  I’ll loop in some developers for their feedback.  To confirm, it fails to work, period?  Or does it just erroneously sohw as offline (but still function)?

Thanks!

Badge +5

@Mike Struening 

Yeah it wont work at all I can’t get alerts triggering to the new webhook / teams channel.

One avenue I’m investigating is my CV authentication method is SAML and the the other webhook looks to have been set up with AD.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Keep me posted on that angle.

I have inquired with some devs to get a reply here as well!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Mike Gale , following up on this one.  Were you able to get any answers on your side?

Badge +5

@Mike Struening  - No we didn’t get it working.  But the project was put on hold temporarily. It is likely that I will come back to look at this over the next few weeks

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Sounds good, @Mike Gale !