Solved

WebServer Errors

• 20 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

I’m trying to get a list of Jobs from the Rest API.

It was working stable for a few month and now its not working anymore. Any other query works fine.

This is what i found in the WebServer.log:

27444 40    10/20 10:09:36 40  backupeagle  - Processing [POST] request : /Jobs : Headers :[Content-Type=application/json][Accept=application/json,application/json][Accept-Encoding=gzip,deflate][Expect=100-continue][Host=127.0.0.1:81][Content-Length=156][SkipOldJsonConverter=true][CVRequestRouted=true][MS-ASPNETCORE-TOKEN=a122a259-c6b4-42d5-b3b7-97685bda87aa][X-Original-Proto=http][trace-id=ws87c5dfa042cf][X-Original-For=127.0.0.1:51335] : Parameters : (empty) : AdditionalInfo[ClientIP[127.0.0.1] ConsoleType[Unknown] Operation[CV.WebServer.Controllers.Job.GetJobsListSummary (CVWebControllerJobs)] isTokenSupplied?[True] Username[backupeagle]]
27444 26 10/20 10:12:47 26 backupeagle Invoke - POST /Jobs : HTTP code 'OK'
35084 252 10/20 10:12:55 ### ### WebServerRoute::HandleRequest - Exception : The remote host closed the connection. The error code is 0x80070040.
35084 252 10/20 10:12:55 ### ### WebServerRoute::HandleRequest - Exception Stack Trace : at System.Web.Hosting.IIS7WorkerRequest.RaiseCommunicationError(Int32 result, Boolean throwOnDisconnect)
at System.Web.Hosting.IIS7WorkerRequest.ExplicitFlush()
at System.Web.HttpResponse.Flush(Boolean finalFlush, Boolean async)
at CVInfoMgmtService.RemoteWebServiceHelperExtensions.CopyTo(HttpWebResponse source, HttpResponse target)
at CVInfoMgmtService.WebServerRoute.HandleRequest()

I already increased the maxMemory settings for the tomcat but it didn’t helped.

What can i check to find the problem?

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 29 November 2021, 22:50

View original

6 replies

Badge +3

Unfortunately i can’t perform any major changes on the system because it’s a customer production server.

We checked the Windows Updates and there was no pending reboot.

The customer performed an update to version 11.24.21. and now the error message has changed.

4588  365   11/26 10:19:11 365 backupeagle  - Processing [post] request : /Jobs : Headers :[Content-Type=application/json][Accept=application/json,application/json][Accept-Encoding=gzip,deflate][Host=DE00SRVMGT106R2.emea.dir:81][Content-Length=156][SkipOldJsonConverter=true][MS-ASPNETCORE-TOKEN=581dd248-3bb4-485e-8535-a6b5a8c1e12b][X-Original-Proto=http][trace-id=wsfc8bd7d97a6e][X-Original-For=127.0.0.1:59811][WEBSERVERCORE-FLAG=true] : Parameters : (empty) : AdditionalInfo[ClientIP[10.137.37.21] ConsoleType[Unknown] Operation[CV.WebServer.Controllers.Job.GetJobsListSummary (CVWebControllerJobs)] isTokenSupplied?[True] Username[backupeagle]]

4588  365   11/26 10:29:11 365 backupeagle ExecuteSelect - exception : source Core .Net SqlClient Data Provider, message : Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding., System.Linq.Enumerable+<TakeWhileIterator>d__216`1[System.Char]. inner exception : source , message : The wait operation timed out., [stack is unavailable]

Should i increase the timeout and where can i change this setting?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Bjoern_SRZC , hope all is well!

I checked our internal database and only found a few instances of this Stack trace error.

The solutions all involve the .NET framework (note each bullet is a separate solution):

• For this server just make sure the Windows patching is up to date and make sure theres no pending reboots. Check to see the last time it was rebooted and if possible run Windows Updates and retry the recall from the web console. Found numourous .NET Framework errors coiciding with the errors in the webconsole.
  • Performed a repair of the web console on the separate web server. This required uninstalling .Net from the windows control panel only and then launching the repair which installed the necessary .Net components for FR25 web console client. The only components reinstalled were the .net hosting (x64) and .Net core (x64), no x86 binaries were reinstalled. 

Let me know if either of these work for you.

Badge +3

Any idea?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Bjoern_SRZC , apologies for the delay (I was out of the office last week).

I would suggest opening a case at this point because of the complexity of the issue, but also due to being unable to implement potential solutions.

The timeout MIGHT be the answer, or it might be a band-aid at best.  I’d rather find a nice, solid, reliable solution for you.

Can you share the case number once created?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Bjoern_SRZC , following up on this thread.  Did you set the timeout and if so, did it resolve the issue?  I don’t see any tickets in your name at this time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Bjoern_SRZC hope all is well.

Following up to see if you ended up creating a case for this one (I searched, but am not seeing anything under your name).

Thanks!