Solved

What feature release do i need to be on to leverage Metallic Cloud storage (MCSS)?

• 1 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I’m running V11 but would like to try out Metallic Cloud storage? What Feature Release do I need to be on?

icon

Best answer by Emils 1 January 2021, 05:30

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Eugene_Trautwein 

Let me help you with that.

To be able to add MCSS as an Integrated cloud storage target, you will need to be on version 11 Feature Release 20.

The table below provides additional pre-requisites with what is needed to successfully add MCCS target. 

CommServe Version

Commvault V11 with Feature Release 20 (11.20.22 or later)

MediaAgent Version

Commvault V11 with Feature Release 20 (11.20.0 or later)

License Requirements

The Metallic cloud storage service license is required to configure Metallic cloud storage.

In addition, you must accept the Metallic cloud storage service user agreement when you add the license. For more information about adding licenses and accepting the user agreement, see Adding a License in the Command Center.

See Also: License Administration for Metallic Cloud Storage.

Miscellaneous

The following websites must be whitelisted before configuring Metallic Cloud Storage:

*.blob.core.windows.net (All endpoints that contain.blob.core.windows.net must be whitelisted.)

login.microsoftonline.com

api.mcss.metallic.io

Please check out the following Commvault documentation link for more information to complete your process

If that answers your question, feel free to mark this post as the correct answer.

Thank you

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thanks @Emils, exactly what I was after.