Solved

What is this status running (Cannot be verified) ?

• 25 July 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

Hello !

There is such problem at Oracle backup. When the backup starts, the state = Running is being executed, after a while the status changes to = running (Cannot be verified) - see the screenshot below. A little later, the task goes into state= Pending and then the backup does not go through. Tell me, what kind of state=running (Cannot be verified) is this and can it lead to an error?

icon

Best answer by Gowri Shankar 25 July 2022, 16:30

View original

4 replies

Badge +4

Hello Mike !

I sent the RMAN-log to our DBA- see attached rman.txt

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Alex_Moscow,

Job is marked as Cannot be verified when there is a network issue between the client and the commserve.

Please find the information from the documentation link  

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/expert/6565_job_restartability_faq.html

During a temporary network or CommServe service outage, how is the restart of data protection jobs handled?

Data Protection/Data Collection Jobs that enter a Running (Cannot be verified) state during a temporary network or CommServe service outage are not restarted. These jobs do not enter a pending state; they continue without interruption when the network or CommServe services become available.

RMAN log cuts

input datafile file number=00177 name=/datafile/orcl/quorum_data131.dbfinput datafile file number=00096 name=/datafile/orcl/undotbs02.dbfchannel ch1: starting piece 1 at Jul 25 2022 15:57:50released channel: ch1RMAN-00571: ===========================================================RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============RMAN-00571: ===========================================================RMAN-03009: failure of backup command on ch1 channel at 07/25/2022 16:10:55ORA-19502: write error on file "2892443_ORCL_j513glru_1_1", block number 48443649 (block size=8192)ORA-27030: skgfwrt: sbtwrite2 returned errorORA-19511: non RMAN, but media manager or vendor specific failure, error text:sbtwrite2: Job[2892443] thread[64543]: Unable to write DATA buffer.RMAN>Recov

RMAN backup fails with “ORA-19502” or “Unable to write DATA buffer” error when the oracle server is unable to connect to the Media agent or if the Media agent is unable to write to the media (Tape or MagLib)

Could you ensure the connectivity between the client and Media agent is good.

Let us know in case of any other questions.

Regards,

Gowri Shankar

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Alex_Moscow , after speaking to @Gowri Shankar , I removed my reply.  His answer is the correct one 😎

Badge +4

I forwarded the answer to our network engineers. They will watch traffic and problems.