Solved

When changing Streams, received a "Failed to set activity control. Time selected should be greater than current time."

• 13 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +5

I have an Availability Group backup in which I’m attempting to change the number of streams for data backup. Under its Subclient Properities, Storage Device, Data Storage Policy, I would like to change the Number of streams for data backup.

But when I press OK, I receive a popup message showing:

Failed to set activity control. Time selected should be greater than current time.

Below is a screenshot. The other AG Subclient groups don’t have this problem when I make a change. What could cause this problem and how can I resolve it?

Edit: I found out that I will receive this message when I make any changes of any kind on this subclient. Simply looking at its properites and pressing OK without changing any values also shows this problem.

icon

Best answer by Orazan 13 March 2022, 23:54

View original

If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Good afternoon.  Can you please verify that the time on the CommServe and the MediaAgents are correct and not skewed?  

Once done, go to the client and disable backup activity in the activity control tab.  Hit Ok and close the window.  Reopen the window and re-enable backup activity and retry to change the streams.  Let me know if that works for you.

Badge +5

I verified that the Commserve and its Media Agents are correct.

After disabling the backup activity, closing the window, re-openign its properties, and then re-enabling the backup activity, I was able to make other changes in the properties including the streams.

Thanks very much, Orazan. This thread can now be closed.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I am glad that helped.  Have a great evening!