Solved

WHY IS IT THAT I CANNOT FIND MY END OF THE YEAR BACKUP

• 26 January 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge +7

After end of the year schedule ran we lost all currently backup data for that day DAY and this incident happen to SQL DBs

jobs that was selected to run AUXILLARY COPY too was clear and from the history did not show any job ran that day why.

am suppose to see history of backup job for sql backup for 2021 /12/30 to 31 jobs that ran but to my suprise all job history was wipe out.

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 14 April 2022, 19:48

View original

If you have a question or comment, please create a topic

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

If you run an Audit Trail history report for that time frame, do you see any changes to retention or manually pruning of jobs?

Badge +7

i run all the audit report i cant find anything even went oh to check those server one by one still no history

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Did you lose the data due to some hardware problem?  Was there a Commserve database restore that overwrote the information?

Does a Job Summary report confirm that the backups ran? 

We’re really looking at 2 questions:

1. Are we certain they ran in the first place?
  2. If so, what aged them off?
Badge +7

the job ran we witness it.

the comserve database is intact the conserv did not even restart upto today even all the media servers uptime is over 6month.

the issue is, even if they were age atlist we should still see the history how come the history of those job was erase.

job that ran from 30/12/2021 to 3/1/2022 cannot be found no history 

the report generation for the next day show that those job actually ran what happen this is the question.

how we notice was when we want to do Auxillary copy for end of the month as usual thats when we can not found all history of the last end of month job that ran.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Absolutely.  Open a support case (share the number here).  If they ran and were pruned, we should see that.  Unless someone deleted the media?  Either way, this needs some detective work tracking it all down, which is best handled with support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Alexzy , following up on this one.  did you end up getting a support case created (and a solution)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Alexzy , following up on this one.  did you end up getting a support case created (and a solution)?

Another thing to check is for any deleted media.  If you delete a tape, the jobs will prune (though it shows on the audit trail as deleted media, not pruned jobs).

If job history is missing, then the likely answer is someone pruned it via media, job, or retention changes.

Badge +7

Actually i hv been busy this days Boss, i hv let this issue go waiting for the next EOY

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Understood, keep me posted!!