Solved

Windows DFS backup question.

• 11 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +4

A customer has 4 servers for this windows DFS that uses the same UNC path. The issue is that currently these 4 servers are out of sync.

Based on the local configuration/physical location, end users access the namespace via different access nodes/servers. For example, user A has a profile saved on server A, it didn't get synced to server B,C,D; next time user creates a new profile on server B, he would lost everything saved on server A.

The customer is seeking solution to consolidate data from 4 servers then migrate a master copy to new servers.

I tried to set up network share subclient and backup was successful. When I looked at the backup log it appears that Commvault only use one access node to perform the backup. I know it is more like a sync issue which most likely needs to be resolved before backup but can you please advise if anything can be offered from Commvault? 

Kind regards,

Boyi

icon

Best answer by Orazan 11 January 2023, 22:21

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Good afternoon.  I would guess that the issue is most likely related to the DFS being out of sync but can not say for sure.  I would recommend opening up a support case for this.  Please update this thread with the progress.