Solved

workflow query

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Can anyone have workflow for below steps ? 

we would need to run the workflow as the first step and then the workflow would have a box that pops up asking for the name of the Client we want to decommission where we input the client name.

Then we want the workflow to remove the client from all the groups it is part of (with the exception of automated client groups).

Next we want the workflow to turn off backup activity of the client.

Next we want the workflow to add the client to the decommissioned group.

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 26 August 2022, 17:34

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Allan0105 , how far have you gotten in creating this?

We have a bunch of predefined workflow items here:

https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/essential/131495_predefined_activities_for_workflows.html

You could also look into using ExecuteScript to run each portion.

Tagging in @Chris Sunderland  as well.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

@Allan0105 , how far have you gotten in creating this?

We have a bunch of predefined workflow items here:

https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/essential/131495_predefined_activities_for_workflows.html

You could also look into using ExecuteScript to run each portion.

Tagging in @Chris Sunderland  as well.

Hi Mike, 

First step is crossed, getting the pop up to enter client name and that will check the commserver DB. rest trying to figure out.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I know @christopherlecky is amazing with scripting, so he may have some ideas.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

I actually already have one that does just this, but I would need to remove all the proprietary information that's in the workflow.

I’ll post it in a few days, I’m behind at work as it is. I should be working instead of lurking these forums.

😂

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

I actually already have one that does just this, but I would need to remove all the proprietary information that's in the workflow.

I’ll post it in a few days, I’m behind at work as it is. I should be working instead of lurking these forums.

😂

No Urgent Chris but much appreciate it:)

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

😂

Hi Chris, 

Good Morning! 

Any update will be great! i know you will be busy but just wanted to remind you. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

😂

Hi Chris, 

Good Morning! 

Any update will be great! i know you will be busy but just wanted to remind you. 

Hi Mike / Chris, 

Good morning! Any help will be great. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@chrisknows is his new handle, so tagging him since his email changed.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Tagging @chrisknows , Chris, could you help me here. Thanks. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Tagging @chrisknows , Chris, could you help me here. Thanks. 

Hi @chrisknows , Good Morning! any update on this? Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Tagging @chrisknows , Chris, could you help me here. Thanks. 

Hi @chrisknows , Good Morning! any update on this? Thanks

HI Mike, @Mike Struening any help here will be great! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @Allan0105 .  I just chatted with one of our developers who suggested creating a CMR for this.  

It won’t be created right away (and there’s no guarantee any CMR will be made), but the developer was confident.

I created 365888 in your name.  If you ever need an update, you can contact your Account Rep (or just message me/reply here).

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hey @Allan0105 .  I just chatted with one of our developers who suggested creating a CMR for this.  

It won’t be created right away (and there’s no guarantee any CMR will be made), but the developer was confident.

I created 365888 in your name.  If you ever need an update, you can contact your Account Rep (or just message me/reply here).

Thanks Mike, appreciate your help as always. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Always!