Solved

Alicloud and Commvault

Badge +1

Hi All,

I have some question about Commvault on Alicloud.

Currently, all my CommServe, media agent and clients are On Prem. 

As i plan to do restoration for my On Prem backup to Alicloud ECS

I have done create Proxy VM at Alicloud ECS.

Next, i wish to know what port should be open in order my On Prem data able to restore to Alicloud ECS. 

And which server need to open those port. 

icon

Best answer by Onno van den Berg 28 July 2022, 10:59

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Kuws just make sure the Commvault components can talk to each other, preferably you make use of network topologies to make sure network traffic flows through designated and expected ports. The communication between Commvault and Ali infrastructure will be executed by the (first) access node and will use port 443 (HTTPS). 

Badge +1

Hi @Onno van den Berg , do i still need port like 8400 & 8403 to open from On Prem to reach my Alicloud Proxy? Because currently face issue that try to connect Alicloud Proxy to On Prem Commserve, unable to reach. My major problem is, i do not have firewall control. I have to gather all requirement and get port allow by network team.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Kuws How would envision the on-premise infrastructure to be able to orchestrate the data movement through the access node in the public cloud without the ability to communicate. So yes, you will need to make sure your on-premise infrastructure is able to talk to the access node that resides in the cloud. By using network topologies you are able to steer the traffic to use different points and it allows you to make sure it uses a limited set of TCP ports. You could pass the traffic via a private connection like a direct connect or through the internet by making sure the access node initiates the connection to the on-premise environment. In case you want to steer it across the Internet then I would for sure add network gateways.