Solved

client extended summary information

• 30 July 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

We have several clients that are VM’s but also have the FSA agent installed on them, we released the FSA agent and are backing them up as VM.

Question: Is there a way to change the Days since last successful backup for client to include clients backing up as VM’s.

icon

Best answer by Sarahy 13 August 2021, 19:25

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @gary mcneely! To confirm, those are the File System Agents installed on virtual machines which are also backed up via the Virtual Server Agents?

I’m not aware of any way to ‘link’ them, though I’ll ask up the chain.  Might be a solid CMR.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@gary mcneely , how did you deconfigure the clients?  If you right-click the client and go to uninstall, what does CV think is removed?  It’s possible the CS still thinks the clients are installed, and therefore are expecting backups.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@gary mcneely , did you have a chance to confirm the installation status on those clients?  Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

To confirm, those are the File System Agents installed on virtual machines which are also backed up via the Virtual Server Agents?   YES

I’m not aware of any way to ‘link’ them, though I’ll ask up the chain.  Might be a solid CM

how did you deconfigure the clients?  If you right-click the client and go to uninstall, what does CV think is removed?  It’s possible the CS still thinks the clients are installed, and therefore are expecting backups.

We release the FSA license from the client.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@gary mcneely , what is actually installed on the client itself?

I’ll get some internal folks to chime in.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Can you show the icon for one of those clients so we can tell what state it’s in? If you go to the uninstall option, does it list the Win FS cored\adv as available to remove? 

I’d recommend keeping the FS agent in place as a ‘restore only’ agent so you can use it for quicker file level restores of the VSA backups.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello Gary,

I have tested this on my lab, and it looks like we do not consider the backups taken through VSA agent to calculate the "Days since last successful backup for client”.

This might need a CMR.

Here are the details from my testing for your reference:

Client: HOME-MEDIA showed a very high number of days since last backup (which basically indicates there is no last backup)

However, as you can see here, we have a successful Virtual Server job completed on 08/07

Then I went ahead and installed Linux File System agent on that client, followed by a full backup.

Now the value for Days since last successfully backup for client has changed to 0.

Disabling the subclient didn't make any difference.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Sarahy Pardo

Commvault Support

Server Team

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi Gary,

I opened a CMR (326833) for this issue under one of your CCIDs.

Thanks,

Liam