Solved

Configuration of cloud accounts.

Badge +2

When adding Amazon RDS instances cloud accounts are used and created. Where can I find these accounts and settings after creation?

See below printscreen to know the accounts I am looking for.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

icon

Best answer by Aashritha Shiva 28 December 2021, 15:25

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Are you not seeing anything on the Instance tab under configuration?

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.25/essential/123347_modifying_amazon_rds_instance_configuration.html

Badge +2

Thank you for your reply, yes, I see something under the instance tab for an instance that has been configured, not that much though:

Clicking the Cloud account here gives the following screen:

But the edit button here doesn't do much, or better said nothing.

Configuration tab doesn't show the settings like real accounts uses, IAM settings etc...

This is an example of an added instance without failures. Trying to add more instances and created the cloud accounts, have a belly felling something is wrong with the configured account in the process. But I cannot find the settings of the created accounts. (or where to delete them and create as new) 

I also had errors while adding another instance but in the process did created the cloud account. But got an error while adding the instance. This made the cloud account still exist but no instance to click on because of this failure.

Badge +15

@SebasX 

Try going to Command Center → Manage → Security → Credential Manager. 

If you can`t locate the path in Command Center, try the Java GUI → Home Tab → Control Panel → Credentials Manager.

Let us know.

Badge +2

@dude, yes, looked there both in command center and in the Java GUI. These credentials can't be found on mentioned paths.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Please find in Manage > Servers > Type(All) > AccountName in command center

Badge +2

Please find in Manage > Servers > Type(All) > AccountName in command center

Looked there too now, but those accounts aren’t there. CV 11.24.29. Do you have a environment you can share a screenshot of?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Did you check with Type as All ?
Please select Type as All and then search for the cloud account that is been created, under Manage > Servers.

Badge +2

Please select Type as All and then search for the cloud account that is been created, under Manage > Servers.

I did exactly that, I see the servers, but I cannot see the created cloud accounts. Also opening the servers on the overview or configuration tab I don't see the created cloud accounts.

Badge +2

I did exactly that, I see the servers, but I cannot see the created cloud accounts. Also opening the servers on the overview or configuration tab I don't see the created cloud accounts.

I clicked a bit further and I see corresponding entities, yes, but something like IAM settings are nowhere there. For reference, I am adding exports of RDS instances, and created cloud accounts in that pop-up menu. some work, some don't, I want to compare the settings. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

From command center, Also please try  these steps:
Protect >Virtualization > Hypervisors tab >Cloud Account Name > Edit 
This shows credential details/authentication type, that can be edited.

If that doesn’t work,

Could you please try/check under client Computers > client Name (this is cloud Account name) > properties(on right click) in Java GUI?

Thanks.

Badge +2

Protect >Virtualization > Hypervisors tab >Cloud Account Name > Edit  

There it is :)

Thank you!