Solved

Failed to install Base Package. Failed to access remote registry.

• 13 January 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +4

Hi,

I am using commvault tool first time and i have added my window machine in commcell, now i am going to install agent on that machine but getting the below error,

Failed to install Base Package. Failed to access remote registry. 

I am using window 10 OS there is no AD this system on workgroup network and machine was on azure portal.

username is: workgroup\commvault

for more information please find the screenshot

Also how i can download agent software from commcell and install manually on window and Linux machine

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 19 January 2022, 22:18

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @kumar 

Based on the error described, the “Remote Registry service” may not be running on “azure-poc” or the windows firewall may be blocking it

Can you please enable the “Remote Registry service”?

Please also ensure windows firewall is allowing remote access the the registry?, alternatively you can temporarily disable the firewall during the install 

Please also review our additional consideration when trying to go through our remote install listed in our documentation.

Manual download of packages is available on our cloud.

Badge +4

@Emils Thanks it’s working for me on the window system I have started Remote Registry service and open port in azure 139/445 

Regarding 

Manual download of packages is available on our cloud. I am unable to download the packages getting the error Access restricted Contact your software provider to obtain access to this package.

Also, I am attaching the screenshot of the error

Is there any other way to download manual packages for agent system window and Linux?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@kumar , can you try again?  There were some cloud iossues last week.

You can also try to download via Maintenance Advantage, depending on your service contract type:

https://ma.commvault.com/ESD?fv=11.0

Badge +4

@Mike Struening  I have try again but still getting same error please find the screenshot 

https://prnt.sc/26f9mi2

Badge +4

Hi @Mike Struening I am unable to install Agent on Linux machine

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Ahh, so you’re having Maintenance Advantage login issues.

Basically, your account is not authorized until someone logged in as your Company’s Parent Account creates a subclient account for you.

When the person logs in, they most likely already have you listed and just need to approve your name.

If the Parent Account owner has any questions, ask them here!