Solved

Linux Commcell

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Question: Is the 11.23-LinuxCS-PackagesEanble, the new Linux Commcell Commserve ?

If so I am super excited to test it out on my home lab.

https://cloud.commvault.com/webconsole/softwarestore/#!/130/725/19255

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 15 June 2021, 22:58

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@gary mcneely , let me confirm that for you so you can maintain your excitement level :hugging:

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@gary mcneely , still looking into this, though it seems to be something less-than-final:

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Question: Is the 11.23-LinuxCS-PackagesEanble, the new Linux Commcell Commserve ?

If so I am super excited to test it out on my home lab.

https://cloud.commvault.com/webconsole/softwarestore/#!/130/725/19255

The team was so excited they posted it with full visibility.   As soon as this is ready, I’ll let the community know!  

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@gary mcneely looks like this was a permissions issue (ISO should not have been accessible which has been fixed).

No ETA on full release, though I’m sure we’ll have plenty on that topic on the Community once that happens :nerd:

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Just found out that the Linux Commserve will be out before then end of the week…. Thank you Commvault 🙂,, sorry Commvault support… :(:frowning2:

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

HAHAHAHAHA!  You just woke this old thread up from its slumber!

Much requested feature, that’s for sure!

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

still waiting ...:zzz:

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

It is available as part of FR25 (technology preview!).

store.commvault.com
ma.commvault.com

Docs: https://documentation.commvault.com/11.25/expert/132363_commserve_server_in_linux_environment_getting_started.html

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

"Note: Migrating a CommServe server from a Windows environment to a Linux environment is not supported. A fresh Linux installation is required." 

😭😭

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

"Note: Migrating a CommServe server from a Windows environment to a Linux environment is not supported. A fresh Linux installation is required." 

😭😭

Let me see if I can find out why (adding @MFasulo if he knows).

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Bart , spoke to a colleague who advised that the number of changes required to account for Windows>Linux (think of all of the file locations that need to be changed, and that’s just one part) are the reason, though it’s being worked on.

No ETA, but definitely being addressed.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

😭😭

Not today… there are backend changes we needed to make to conform to some requirements on the SQL Linux side.  We are closely monitoring the requests and will see where we can land on a transition.  I’ll keep the community up to date on this

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Not today… there are backend changes we needed to make to conform to some requirements on the SQL Linux side.  We are closely monitoring the requests and will see where we can land on a transition.  I’ll keep the community up to date on this

No worries, I do understand that :)