Question

Uninstaller /Cleanup tool for commvault

• 23 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Is there any uninstaller or cleanup tool available for commvault windows clients.

Many times, it is impossible to clean the traces which creates a lot of problems.

5 replies

Badge +1

@Rakesh Aggarwal  - At one time Commvault provided a QUninstallALL executable that would cleanup all registry & other traces of the software for windows. Unfortunately, the application has been deprecated for awhile now.  Below are two methods to perform the uninstall. I’ll see if there is a way to easily script this process since you asked for a clean up tool and not a uninstall process. 😉  Just thought this may help ease the process until a clean script is available. 

1. https://documentation.commvault.com/v11/essential/134185_uninstalling_commvault_software.html
  1. Here is a procedure that functions similarly to QUninistallAll.exe. As always please test in a test environment to ensure the expected outcome.

2.a) Open registry and go the the following path - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CommVault Systems\Galaxy\Instance001\InstalledPackages

2.b) Locate the Name BundleProviderKey and copy the Data key. Example will be {b8ghacc1-g2f5-4f1-7f-9d-cf3432e56b4d}

2.c) From the folder path you will need to launch the setup.exe from a command line:

“%Programdata%\Package Cache\{b8ghacc1-g2f5-4f1-7f-9d-cf3432e56b4d}\Setup.exe”  /uninstall /silent /instance /InstanceXXX

Mark

Hi Mark,

Yes QuninstallAll. That was I looking for. I am not sure whether that tool would still work on new versions.

Anyways the method you have provided also seems promising. I am going to check apply that once.

Yesterday. I also made a bat file to clear all commvault registry.

I hope this would be useful for people looking for something like me. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@Rakesh Aggarwal  - At one time Commvault provided a QUninstallALL executable that would cleanup all registry & other traces of the software for windows. Unfortunately, the application has been deprecated for awhile now.  Below are two methods to perform the uninstall. I’ll see if there is a way to easily script this process since you asked for a clean up tool and not a uninstall process. 😉  Just thought this may help ease the process until a clean script is available. 

1. https://documentation.commvault.com/v11/essential/134185_uninstalling_commvault_software.html
  1. Here is a procedure that functions similarly to QUninistallAll.exe. As always please test in a test environment to ensure the expected outcome.

2.a) Open registry and go the the following path - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CommVault Systems\Galaxy\Instance001\InstalledPackages

2.b) Locate the Name BundleProviderKey and copy the Data key. Example will be {b8ghacc1-g2f5-4f1-7f-9d-cf3432e56b4d}

2.c) From the folder path you will need to launch the setup.exe from a command line:

“%Programdata%\Package Cache\{b8ghacc1-g2f5-4f1-7f-9d-cf3432e56b4d}\Setup.exe”  /uninstall /silent /instance /InstanceXXX

Mark

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

You can retire the client as seen here:

https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/essential/115533_retiring_client_or_agent.html

Badge +1

I am not looking for how to uninstall commvualt. I am looking for a cleanup tool which can cleanup the mess it creates sometimes..

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi Rakesh.. 

Interesting request…Cleaning out binaries from the install directory + removing registry keys from HKLM\software and HKLU\software makes no difference? 

Usually in the Wintendo game this is where most references are stored, AFAIK… 

Please describe the mess it creates….. sometimes… 

Kind regards

Kim