Question

Get-CVSQLDatabaseBackupHistory backup history for the database [test] is not available

• 15 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge +1
Can't get database backup history

PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-CVSQLDatabaseBackupHistory -Name test -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
ValidateResponse : 
Message: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
ErrorMessage: 
RecommendedAction: 
At C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\CVPowershellSDK-master\Modules\Commvault.RESTSession\Commvault.RESTSession.psm1:410 char:17
+                 ValidateResponse $response $output $ValidateProperty
+                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,ValidateResponse

INFO: Get-CVSQLDatabaseBackupHistory: backup history for database [test] is not available

Initially, using the CVPowershellSDK-master module, the Get-CVSQLDatabaseBackupHistory function worked correctly and returned a list of backups. 
Can you please tell me if the commcell settings are checked, so I get INFO: Get-CVSQLDatabaseBackupHistory: the backup history for the database [test] is not available?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Others might have ideas, though I checked our internal incident database and the only error I found with 

Get-CVSQLDatabaseBackupHistory was an internal 500 error (which was fixed by dev).

Might be worth a case creation, though I’m sure some of our savvy members might have ideas!

Badge +1

backup history for database [test] is not available

maybe in commcell needs to be changed to available, 
but I can't find where exactly

Badge +1

?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

What is ‘test’?  is that a SQL client you have?  If so, does it have a valid backup history?

Badge +1
test is the name of the sql database. The task of daily backup of sql server databases is configured.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @Dimitri 

What version are you running?

You noted that this used to work initially so I assume you already been through the steps to install the SDK and run the connection command .\cvps.ps1 

I just stepped through this on a 11.25.44 Commserve and and command ran without issue

Badge +1

Hi Scott, Version 11.24.34

Of course, I completed the steps to install sdk and connect-server. The Get-CVSQLDatabaseBackupHistory function is needed in the sql database auto-recovery script for verification. Restore-CVSQLDatabase and other functions of the sdk module work correctly.
Initially received the answer as on a screenshot. 
Of the changes, only the time of the job schedule