Solved

Is there a way to define Plans in a workflow?

• 9 August 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge +1

I’m looking for anyway to have new clients installed to be directed to use X plan. Whether that be in a workflow, client group, or other. 

icon

Best answer by Mike Struening RETIRED 29 August 2022, 21:59

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hello @HNICsolan !  Thanks for the post.

We do have a Workflow you can download to move all Clients in a Client Group to an Existing Plan:

https://cloud.commvault.com/webconsole/softwarestore/#!/136/671/24154

If you create a WF that adds a new client and assigns it to a Staging “New clienbts” group, you can then trigger the above WF to move them as you wish.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

If you use a custom install package you should be able to pick a plan which is auto selected upon install. Another option is region based data protection, and finally, on the properties of a client group you should be able to select a default plan or storage policy - any client assigned to that group should inherit the storage policy / plan.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @HNICsolan 

From SP28 onwards, we have a simpler way to achieve this directly from Plans page in Command Center for few solutions (Databases, FileServers, Virtualization)

Please refer below link and see if suits the requirements -

https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/essential/145981_server_plan_rules.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Navigate to Plans page → Select “Plan Rules”

2. Add a new Plan Assignment Rule

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Badge +1

Hello @HNICsolan !  Thanks for the post.

We do have a Workflow you can download to move all Clients in a Client Group to an Existing Plan:

https://cloud.commvault.com/webconsole/softwarestore/#!/136/671/24154

If you create a WF that adds a new client and assigns it to a Staging “New clienbts” group, you can then trigger the above WF to move them as you wish.

I tried this out but ran into a permissions issue during the select plan phase. I checked and I believe I have the appropriate permissions to run this. 

“All Permissions” checkbox is checked 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@HNICsolan are you running FR24 or higher?

Badge +1

@HNICsolan are you running FR24 or higher?

Yes, I’m on FR24

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

I vote for the customized installer. 

No need to do anything but run the installer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@HNICsolan , can you try this?

The issue is in the Command Center Navigation preferences.

When logged in with your user from the Command Center go to Manage > Customization > Navigation From here expand out Manage and find Plans Select the CommCell User box which will be blank

After enabling CommCell Users for Plans  navigate to the Plans under Management and select 'Create Plan'