Question

Dashboard Health report is showing critical Database Index Fragmentation

• 24 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +4

Status is green but critical alert on Health Dashboard for DB index frag suggesting dbmaint to be ran.

Can anyone explain why it is showing 100% green but showing up as a critical alert in the health dashboard?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Not sure if this was with 11.28 or 11.30 or both? But this is an error in the health report. Someone once mentioned he corrected the report, but not sure which thread this was. Let me check

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

It was this thread:

https://community.commvault.com/commvault-q-a-2/critical-index-fragmentation-zero-indexes-50-fragmented-4854

But unfortunately the details on the solution weren't provided.

@Ken_H do you remember what you did to correct this? If so can you share this with us? Would be appreciated 🙂🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Sounds to me as a simple defunct in the report. What is the version you are running on @EricF

Badge +4

It's on 11.30.23

Badge

Having the same issue after DB maintenance Reporting has not changed, picking up the same as above. @Ken_H are you able to share the details of your fix - thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Apologies for the slow response.  This continues to be a problem for me.  I see zero indexes with 50% to 100% fragmentation yet CommVault reports that all databases are critical.