Reporting on environment that shows how much data has not been modified that we are backing up

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

My Boss found something he wants as a report and I don't know if there is a way specifically provide it. After reviewing a FLA (File Level Analytical) Report, the report shows specific servers that are backed up showing how much data we are backing up per client that hasn't been modified within Less than 3 Months, 3-6 Months, 6-12 Months, 1-2 Years, 2-5 Years, More than 5 Years. My boss loves this view point on a client level but wants to know if Commvault can do this on a grand level to show how much data we are backing up as a whole that hasnt been modified within Less than 3 Months, 3-6 Months, 6-12 Months, 1-2 Years, 2-5 Years, More than 5 Years. Does anyone know if there is a report such as this? My boss wants it at per site, but trying to think Commvault level and see if this is possible at library level, or media agent level?

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Gotcha, Yea I will see if a technician has any thoughts on this as well, need to cover all grounds before i go back to the boss. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hello TP_Erickson, 

I researched to see if this report was available for Commcell level. Everything found in documentation is pointing to Clients or Client Computer Groups. Since the analytics jobs are run for each client or Client Computer Group and not at the commcell level, the report only shows for the server selected.

Thank you,
Sandip