Solved

Additional Partitions for a Deduplication Database

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello

Scenary: 2 MA´s in a CommCell.

The Customer has bought 1 more MA and he wants to add the SSD disk space to the existing DDB. 
I was reading the manual(Commvault site) and have a question, the site says “before you start”.

Where can i get this “Authenticate Code”?

https://documentation.commvault.com/m/commvault/v11_sp5/article?p=features/deduplication/t_configuring_additional_partitions.htm

icon

Best answer by Fernando Souza 15 June 2021, 11:07

View original

13 replies

Badge +15

"To enable configuration of additional partitions to an active DDB, you need an authentication code. Contact your software provider's Customer Support to obtain the authentication code."

Call Commvault support for the code as stated.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @dude 

I can call and request or can i check with responsible person who made the Commvault sale to the customer?

Badge +15

The documentation says Customer Support. So I would call the support or login to MA and open an support ticket for this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Fernando Souza 

As @dude suggests, this needs to be a request to customer support.

We will need to stage a copy of the Commserve database to verify the configuration and provide the necessary authcode, which will be specific to this environment.

Please let me know once you have opened a support case so I can track this and update here.

Thanks,

Stuart

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @Stuart Painter

This is my biggest problem.

i tried to open a support case and the support said that i need to check this auth code.

So i opened this case here, to see how it works.

i´ll let the support that i need to open a support case to analyze the Commvault database and generate this auth code.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Fernando Souza 

Thank you for the message, but if my understanding is correct, support will need to provide the auth code, which is generated as part of the support case.

Please quote the documentation link you have, include details of the storage policy and DDB Engine.

We will need Commserve logs and database so that we can stage the database internally and investigate.

That should be all that is needed for the support case, but PM me the case number so I can track internally.

Thanks,

Stuart

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @Stuart Painter 

I passes the information to the team and passed to Commvault Support, and am waiting for the confirmation, what´s the number do you need, when open the case?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Fernando Souza 

Just the case number, I can track everything else from there.

Thanks,

Stuart

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

W667689222

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Thanks, @Fernando Souza !  For your own reference, our CV case number for this issue is 210608-338.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Exactly.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @Mike Struening 

The Commvault support solved this problem, is related the permissions with the user.

today at afternoon i will add new DDD Partirion.
do you have the best practices like “round robin”?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Great news!

No need to do anything for a round robin setup….that’s handled on the backend via signatures.  Based on the signature generated, the entry goes to partition A or B.

Keep in mind that they will be different sizes because of the existing entries already on partition A.  Once the store seals, the new ones will balance better.