Solved

Auxiliary copy is stuck at 30%

Show first post

29 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

OK, I’ll speak to our Network Security administrator about that. In the meanwhile, could I ask you to give me a link which shows how to set Commvault exclusion in AV ?

Very much appreciated,

Kelvin 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The firewall port would be specified in the client’s firewall config ()and we could use CVPing to test that), however, looking at the error, the connection is flat out refused.

Dollars to donuts, it’s the AV tool preventing our service from acting.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi Mike,

Just ran Readiness on both of the Servers, which seems to be OK

But it failed the below 2 commands on both Servers

1. CvNetworkTestTool -Client -SrvHostName S02116 (ran on the Media Server S01190)
  2. CvNetworkTestTool -Client -SrvHostName S01190 (ran on the CommServe S02116)

with the below error messages

Do we know exactly what ports are being blocked between the two ?

Thanks,

Kelvin

PS. Pls ignore the offlined tape library “Quantum Scalar i40-i80” as it’s been replaced by “Quantum Scalar i40-i80 21”, although the offlined is still set as the default one:

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Good post @Kelvin !  BEfore you even said it, I was going to ask if anything is on that server that might be blocking ports/services.

See if the Security team can exclude our services and directory (including the mount paths) from their scans.  AV is notorious for stopping and/or slowing things down on our side.

You can also try a Check Readiness (right-click the server/client/MA and click Check Readiness:

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.23/expert/7110_checking_network_connectivity_between_clients_and_commserve_computer.html

There’s a bunch of operations and options (and it’s useful for future issues)!