Solved

Device_Label deleted

• 21 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

I understand the DEVICE_LABEL file is used for pruning so it missing could be an issue.

I have a customer who's deleted the file off a volume.

Will this affect pruning and would there be any other potential issues that could arise?

Is there a way to recreate the file if it is required, without recreating the volume?

The volume is configured as a WORM device for compliance.

Thanks so much.

icon

Best answer by Orazan 21 January 2023, 21:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Good afternoon.  If you navigate to the predefined workflows in the CommCell console, you should see one called “Create Mount Path Label Files”.  If a label file does not exist, this workflow creates the label file in specific mount paths of a library or in all mount paths associated with a MediaAgent.  It is pretty straight forward.  I would suggest running and it and following the prompts to recreate the new Device Label.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Good afternoon.  If you navigate to the predefined workflows in the CommCell console, you should see one called “Create Mount Path Label Files”.  If a label file does not exist, this workflow creates the label file in specific mount paths of a library or in all mount paths associated with a MediaAgent.  It is pretty straight forward.  I would suggest running and it and following the prompts to recreate the new Device Label.

Hi Orazan
Thanks so much for this.Will this one work for the DEVICE_LABEL as well? I know this one recreates the MOUNTPATH_LABEL.

Thanks,

Mauro

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Good morning.  In this context, they are the same thing.  Running this workflow will resolve the Device_Label issue as well.