Solved

Enable worm on Cloud storage library

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Guys,

We have a Huawei Object Storage and would like to enable WORM on it.

We found out that there is a Workflow to achieve that:

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.26/expert/9251_configuring_worm_storage_mode_on_cloud_storage.html

However, the link is a bit confusing: It says that the Workflow is compatible with cloud storage vendors that support the WORM and at the same moment it gives a list of vendors.

My question is: Can I use the Workflow with my Huawei Cloud Storage (WORM Compatible)?

Also, the link says : “If you have multiple storage policies/copies created using the cloud storage pool, make sure to set the same number of days as retention in all the copies.”

Does it mean that the Cloud library will host only copies with the same Retention when WORM enabled?

Thanks in advance for your usual help.

Best Regards

icon

Best answer by Adel BOUKHATEM 11 August 2022, 12:26

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

@Adel BOUKHATEM Hi

Support

The workflow can enable WORM storage mode for the following cloud storage vendors:

• Amazon S3

For S3 vendors who support S3 object lock, check with your cloud vendor for WORM support.

• Google Cloud Storage

• Microsoft Azure Storage

https://documentation.commvault.com/11.24/expert/9251_configuring_worm_storage_mode_on_cloud_storage.html

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @Dmitriy ,

Thanks for your comment. I’ve read the part about the vendors; However, at the beginning of the document it says:

Which is confusing. So I would like to know if anybody tried to run the workflow on another Object Storage. Otherwise, what is the alternative to enable the WORM on the Object Storage.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Can you please tell me what part is confusing and I will see if we can address your concerns?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @Orazan ,

It says that the Workflow is compatible with cloud storage vendors that support the WORM (It doesn’t specify a vendor) and at the same moment it gives a list of vendors.

Is the workflow compatible only with the listed vendors or any cloud storage that supports WORM? Thanks.

Best Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Adel BOUKHATEM , can you let me know which vendor you are looking at?  I can check with the docs team.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @Mike Struening ,

It is OceanStore 100D object storage, we launched the workflow, and it didn’t enable worm on storage side. However, it did the necessary configuration for Commvault side.

So the worm has been enabled manually on the Storage side.

Best Regards