Solved

How can I verify manually verify contents in cloud

• 4 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I am manually running an aux copy to an S3 bucket but don’t know how to verify that everything has been copied.  How do I verify that the source library and the cloud copy have the same contents?

icon

Best answer by Matt Medvedeff 4 January 2023, 16:12

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

I have attached some instructions I wrote for my self on how to make the Jobs In Storage Policy copy report easier to read. I created an Excel formula that you run against a sorted spreadsheet that allows you to identify Jobs that have not been copied.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Ward Duncan 

Aside from @Matt Medvedeff method, you can also manually check using Commcell Console the content of the source library, and compare it to the target library.

Or also you can proceed, using again Commcell Console, using Policies/Storage Policies/yourStoragePolicy/ and select for each of Storage Policy Copies/right click/View jobs and compare the results.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Ward Duncan 

Try the Jobs In Storage Policies Copy report, among other info this report will show which jobids still need to be copied to the Aux

https://documentation.commvault.com/2022e/expert/40080_jobs_in_storage_policy_copies_report_overview.html

Give it a shot and let me know how you make out. Thanks