Solved

HPE StoreOnce Catalyst Library configuration for VMware & DB backup

• 17 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

Hello Commvault !

Im in the middle of a project with Commvault 11.28 and HPE StoreOnce Catalyst.

I followed the documentation (https://documentation.commvault.com/fujitsu/v11/expert/99426_creating_hpe_store_for_hpe_storeonce_catalyst_library.html) to create the Store and also to create Library in CommCell.

Now, in order to configure the Storage policies & add the Vmware, I assume this is going to be from CommCell. right?  Because I cant even see the HPE Catalyst Library from Command Center (from there it would be much easier)!

icon

Best answer by Jos Meijer 17 November 2022, 12:03

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Did you have the Command Center logged in whilst you were configuring the Storage Pool in the Java GUI? If that is the case, try logging off and logging in again on the Command Center, the API information doesn't always refresh properly regarding changes performed in another interface.

Also, can you see the StoreOnce in the Storage section of the Command Center?

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

Did you have the Command Center logged in whilst you were configuring the Storage Pool in the Java GUI? If that is the case, try logging off and logging in again on the Command Center, the API information doesn't always refresh properly regarding changes performed in another interface.

Also, can you see the StoreOnce in the Storage section of the Command Center?

@Jos Meijer I think this is was he issue!

After a logoff / logon, Im now able to see the StoreOnce under Storage → Coud, and I can create a new Plan with the StoreOnce as a Backup destination!

Finally, I thought that StoreOnce will be appear under Disks, instead of Cloud.
Because in out project StoreOnce is Appliance, not a virtual Appliance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Nikos.Kyrm 

Have you created a Storage Pool after creating the library?

Command Center only allows you to select Storage Pools.

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

Hi @Nikos.Kyrm 

Have you created a Storage Pool after creating the library?

Command Center only allows you to select Storage Pools.

Hello @Jos Meijer ,

Yes, according to documentation I created the Library from CommCell.
After that, I created the Storage Policy also with Storage Pool, again from CommCell.

My goal is to create a Server Backup Plan from Command Center and add the StoreOnce as a Backup Destination.  Is way easier 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Nikos.Kyrm Great news! 😀